“excellent”
Review of The Grill Room - CLOSED

The Grill Room
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Grill room in an intimate local restaurant on the border of West Derby. It is family run headed by locally renowned chef Stewart St John and his wife Maisie offering contemporary British cooking from fresh locally sourced produce in a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“excellent”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We went here for the party night in August food was fab staff fab overall night excellent. I was that impressed that I cam back here for my birthday 1st week in september with members of my close family and again I couldn't fault anything the food and wine was excellent!!! I will be visiting the Griil Room again very soon!!!!!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mmmmm nom nom”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Can not praise this restaurant enough. Food, service and value for money all superb. A small but varied menu to suit all tastes. I opted for the seafood linguine and chef asked for my preference, tomato or cream sauce. I chose the cream which was spot on with just enough seafood and seasoning. My partners steak was just a tad underdone but it was soon sorted by staff and was returned from the kitchen accompanied by a bowl of fresh chips which where delicious.
My desert of home made rice pudding with clotted cream and jam finished the meal off perfectly, just a pity I could not finish it as by this time I was ready to burst!
Stuart the owner was really hospitable and entertaining and made us feel very welcome as did the rest off the staff in this family run business, nothing was to much trouble. Definitely worth a return visit.

LIVERPOOL
“our local resturant”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Me and my husband regulary dine here, we now class this as our local. You do not need to go into town to have a lovely meal. We come back all the time not only for the great food, the portions but the owners and staff are lovely, they cannot do enough for you and nothing is too much trouble. We have sampled the mid weeks early specials, the main menu and the Sunday lunch and they are all wonderfull. My 13 year old son who loves his food and has dined at many restaurants says this is his favourite and always leaves a clean plate and even has room for his sticky toffee pudding. It is always fabulous homemade food and puddings which for me is heaven as i have a sweet tooth. I would highly recommend the Grill Room to anyone

• Visited August 2013
Stewart S, Owner at The Grill Room, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your lovely review and for your continued support. Hopefully see you and your son soon.
liverpool
“lovely food !!!!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Went for Sunday dinner with partner and 2 daughters , myself and partner had the roast beef dinner which was lovely , my youngest had the chicken strips and chips and my oldest wanted the roast beef but not with the roast potatoes and the waitress was lovely and asked did she want chips which put a smile on her face !!!!
The food was lovely and the staff were lovely nothing to much trouble , I would definitely go back maybe through the week next time , thanks for a great meal

• Visited September 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. I am glad you enjoyed your sunday lunch and hopefully see you again maybe midweek so you can try our mid week menu.
“Best roast in Liverpool!!!!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My fiance and I attend the grill room most sundays and never fail to impress. The staff are friendly and food is excellent. If you are like myself and like quality food this is the place to try, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited September 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a wondeful review. I am sure we will see you again soon.