“Sunday Lunchtastic”
Review of The Grill Room - CLOSED

The Grill Room
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Grill room in an intimate local restaurant on the border of West Derby. It is family run headed by locally renowned chef Stewart St John and his wife Maisie offering contemporary British cooking from fresh locally sourced produce in a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
Reviewed February 3, 2013

After having had a superb evening meal at the Grill Room some months ago, we thought we would try the Sunday Lunch. It was 2 courses for just over £11. For an extra £2 you can have 3 courses. There were at least 3 options for each of the courses. Usually on these offers in other restaurants the portions are slightly smaller than usual but that certainly was not the case at the Grill Room. We both chose soup for starter (and there were 2 different ones available). I had the Pea and Ham which was full of bit chunks of ham and which were in fact meals in themselves and a generous serving. For my main I opted for the roast beef which was so tasty and again a good generous helping of everything on the plate. I don't usually bother with dessert but after seeing that fruit crumble with custard was on the menu I couldn't resist and so glad I didn't as it was devine. I look forward to my next visit to this gem of a restaurant and highly recommend you give it a go if you haven't already done so - you don't know what you are missing!

2  Thank JenMc1962

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Staying in digs this was the choice of the landlady and a good one at that. We all ate here twice. Mussels with the chilli and ginger appears to have won the most votes but the steaks came a close second. The ribeye besting the others. Good value wines and draught peroni. All came in under the expenses budget. Well worth the rating Id say.

1  Thank chunkydd
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was my third visit to The Grill Room and will definitely not be my last. The atmosphere is very relaxed the background music is played at just the right volume , so you are able to have a conversation. .Tonight my friend and I both had the gourmet burgers which were big and succulent, and came wIth lovely homemade chips . For dessert we had lemon tart normally served with lemon sorbet, we asked for one with ice cream and one with pouring cream. No problem at all. The staff are very pleasant and a attentive but do not rush you. We we there for 2 1/2 hours and were able to enjoy a very good meal. I would highly recommend The Grill Room the food is excellent and the prices very competitive.

3  Thank janealicia
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Lovely staff & lovely food. The steaks are to die for! Atmosphere is always charismatic and we've never been let down eating here. Would recommend it to anyone who likes a good steak!

1  Thank Steve A
Reviewed January 5, 2013

great night out here, lovely food and the staff are great. No pressure to leave when you've finished either :0