“Cheapt”

Ranked #26 of 105 Specialty Lodging in Liverpool
London, United Kingdom
“Cheapt”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Friendly staff, but the place seemed a bit run down. Room was dimly lit and bathroom not very clean. Bunk beds were not very sturdy, swayed with any movement. Location is pretty good, walking distance to bars and restaurants.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Samantha C
Carl James F, Manager at The International Inn & Apartments, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for your honest review, we are currently in the process of refurbishing the hostel dorms, kitchen and games room. We would like to note that the corridors are dimly lit as to not disturb other guests when dormitory doors are opened. Thank you again for your comments, we will take them on board.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Turkish first
Zwolle, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have never written a negative review in my 20+ stays at different hostels. First of all, it was an absolute ghost town, which maybe they cannot help but it sure did not add to my experience. Then they advertise free toast 24/7, which would have been nice, but during my two night stay I never once saw a loaf of bread in the kitchen. Even if I had, there were barely any cutlery to use, and as a traveller I met on the second night observed: "There is only one spoon". Finally, on my last night were an Australian couple in the room beside who were fighting, screaming, crying, and even beating each other and the staff did nothing about it. The shower sprays water absolutely everywhere as well.

The room was clean and the location good. Those were the main (and big) pros in a hostel that was full of cons.

I would not return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
TheInternationalInn, Manager at The International Inn & Apartments, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
We are sorry to hear about the couple in the adjoining room to you, unfortunately our staff could not hear them. When we do hear disturbances we do ask guest's to keep the noise down.
December is a pretty quiet month with the lead up to Christmas, although we do try, we cannot help that.

Thanks again!

International Inn

Travelers are raving about these Liverpool hotels

Kilrush
Reviewed November 19, 2013

we spent the weekend in Liverpool to attend a soccer match. we just wanted cheap accomodation close to the city centre. this is the place. it cost me €55 for 2 nights and there are plenty of places nearby for breakfast. its basic but you get what you pay for.....staff were friendly and helpful........

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DeclanK918
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Excellent location, but dirty rooms that didn't have working wifi. The bathrooms in particular are old and smell weird. Also from towel service you'll get a left-behind beach towel. A cheap place to stay but not as cheap as it should be. Backpackers and student visitors, pass on this one.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed here in April 2013 while on my stag do. I had checked Trip Advisor before I went so I was a bit weary. As it was a hostel I knew not to expect much in the way of luxery etc.

When we arrived we checked in, my brother in law had to pay a £300 security deposit as we had booked in as a group which he would get back as long as the room was not damaged. We got to the room (we had booked 2) and we were greeted with 4 single beds which were not the best quality, felt quite flimly and squeeky and there was some questionable marks on the bed sheets (I made the assumption it was bleach stains). The bathroom was quite small with a toilet, shower and basin. Shower worked fine, gave out hot water and the water pressure was decent as well, it did steam up quite quick as the extractor fan did not seem to work.

There was rack with a few hangers to put your cloths on, no cupboards however but I was not expecting any.

There were a few plug sockets available which did work however seemed to be coming off the wall a bit. The room in general seemed clean, few scuffs and marks on the walls and floors but nothing seriously wrong.

The rooms inclused lockers to put anything in like phones etc, not sure how much they charge, think its about £10.

The doors were a bit of a worry as when we were leaving the room the door should automatically lock however if you jiggled it enough you it would usually open. You need to give it a good slam to make sure it locks properly.

All in all it is a basic hostel, you get what you pay for. If you are on a budget and looking for a cheap place for one night it is an option. It is not too far from the city centre, although it is a downhill walk so the up0hill walk back can be a night tiring if you have had a few too many.

Liverpool itself is a great place, had a really good night. If you are booking as a group night out this place is an option like I say however if you are wanting to go as a couple i would NOT book this place, its deffinatly a place for hen/stag parties or large groups on a night out.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are pretty much the same, all basic
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Wglen87
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed in 3 bed dorm for 3 consecutive nights and we didn't manage to get our shower-room or bedroom cleaned, despite asking.

Very poor noise insulation, you can hear any chatting, even in a low voice, from the rooms next door.

Metal bunk beds do creek at any slight movement.

Communal kitchen looks like a cellar, as it does not have windows, so didn't bother having food there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed at the International Inn on a hen do during the Grand National Weekend. Having not read up on the hostel before, I was pleasantly surprised on arrival to find our 6-bed room had an en-suite bathroom of a decent size and the overall cleanliness of the place.

It did go downhill from there, however. Upon returning from a night out we were unable to enter our room using the keycards we were given. After asking at reception why they were not working, we were told the door needed fixing and they would let us in. It was not fixed the next day and I found it quite worrying that all you had to do to be let into one of the room was just tell reception you lost your key.

The other issue was the noise. On Grand National weekend, you expect to hear people up and down the corridors, but it was the noise in our own room that was the issue. The metal bunk beds were really poorly put together and so noisy that the smallest movement made a huge creek and when all six of us rolled over at the same time it was loud enough to wake you up.

The staff were really friendly, some members of our party had really nice rooms and you can't fault the price considering the date. For me the lack of being able to get a decent night's sleep means I would not recommend the International Inn; unless you plan on having such a big night out that you just pass out in your bed, in which case you're probably fine!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends