“Great place to stay”

Ranked #31 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here just recently brilliant can't fault it ideal location,very clean. The breakfast is well worth the £7.95 and also the hotel gives a discount. voucher to park in.the nearby. Q carpark. The strand can be noisy so had to have the window closed on the night even.though it was warm. There is a tesco express at side of the hotel which is very handy. The hotel overlook liverpool waterfront and is ideal spot for the shopping and sightseeing.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Given that this is now my 3rd short stay at this particular Travelodge, I thought it was about time I put pen to paper (virtually speaking) to give you my opinion of this hotel.

I have never had any cause for complaint during my visits and I would recommend this hotel to any visitor to Liverpool looking to stay in a central location at a reasonable rate.

Key Points
• The staff are very friendly and helpful
• The hotel is ideally situated for Albert Docks and Liverpool One, in fact, it’s ideally situated for seeing most of the tourist sights of Liverpool.
• I haven’t been disappointed with any room I have stayed in, they’re always clean and fitted out as advertised (I particularly enjoy the showers – powerful with ample hot water).
• There’s a Tesco Extra shop situated just outside if you get the urge for a snack or you’ve forgotten the odd “essential”
• Parking is just over a 5 minute walk away, courtesy of Liverpool One (Travelodge subsides the fee but it still isn’t cheap £19 for 2 nights).
• The buffet breakfast is a reasonable value, but the restaurant can get crowded and at times you have to wait for the food to be replenished. Also, if you like fried eggs you are out of luck as they only serve scrambled eggs!

Obviously there are numerous hotels in Liverpool some cheaper other’s more expensive, but in my view you can do far worse than choose this Travelodge.

England
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Extremely friendly and welcoming staff, brilliant location (I expected it to be further away), modern looking building and a fair price. The only complaint I have is that the pillows were way too thick for me, with no choice for a thinner one.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The location is great but it was really difficult for us to find this hotel. It is a building with the name "Travelodge" but no HOTEL word anywhere.. But I have to say that the room was really big and comfortable, the bathroom as well, the breakfast included everything you need and the staff is great. It was cheap and good place to stay!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AgusGastaldi
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We stayed in the Travelodge Liverpool the rooms were spotless the staff were very pleasant and helpfull and the food was great eat all you want for seven pounds sterling and the children eat free we had no children but there was people there with children it is very central next door to the Liverpool One Shopping Complex and it has a Tesco Shop right next door for all your bits and bobs we could not fault this Hotel Michelle and Kate at the reception sorted out a problem we had with our booking not there fault not our fault but the fault of hotel beds. com but they sorted it out and we would like to take this opportunity to say thanks you will not be disappointed with this Hotel Enjoy Stay Safe Cheers From Billy & Pamela

Room Tip: No matter what room you choose you will have no problem
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Any room from 6th floor up are like a sauna and no way to cool down you can open window but makes little difference only traffic noise. When mentioned to front desk was informed they new of problem but no way of sorting problem . We paid £213 for 2 nights room only.

The breakfast was all you can eat? £7.95 I think. When the food was filled up it was ok and when glasses were put out you could get juice. People who had not paid were just walking up and helping themselves to sausage- bacon- bread - coffee etc ( I mean picking the food up with their hands )

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge Liverpool Central The Strand, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for your review lilygaga. We do expect all of our customers stays to be as comfortable as possible so it is regrettable to learn that your room was too hot. Unfortunately not all of our hotels have air conditioning, however we do have a number of fans available from reception on a first come, first serve basis. We’d like to be able to contact you to find a resolution so please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to tell us more and when doing so please indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review.
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2014

From check in at 3 in the afternoon until 8.30 the next morning I was quite impressed. Check in was straightforward, the room was clean and comfortable and the location was perfect. It was within easy walking distance of shops, bars and restaurants and minutes from the echo arena. I was concerned that it would be busy and noisy after a concert at the arena, but it was surprisingly quiet and we enjoyed a good nights sleep....but, we went for breakfast and my opinions changed somewhat. The dining area was pleasant enough and there was plenty of space but I decided to start breakfast with cereals and was a little surprised to find a four pint supermarket milk container that everyone was sharing for cereals, tea, coffee etc. There was a toast machine and croissants but there was a tub of " I can't believe it's not butter" that everyone had been using. It was full of toast crumbs and looked disgusting. Needless to say, I passed on the toast. Who knows what had been in that tub. I would stay again, but I would visit the Tesco express below the hotel to buy breakfast next time.