“Delicious lunch with family.”

Delifonseca Dockside
Ranked #120 of 1,980 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: European, Deli, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Delifonseca Dockside is the UK's Good Food Guide Readers Restaurant of the Year 2014. It also was ranked in the top 'five' in the English Tourism Awards 2014 'Taste of England Category' gaining a 'highly commended' and followed this by winning the Merseyside Tourism Awards 'Taste' Restaurant of 2014 (& 2012) and also the north west regional 'Deli of the Year 2012' winner. It is a 65 seater restaurant attached to a large food hall which sells a range of quality food and wine and has a Brough's Butchers concession. The restaurant has a large blackboard menu that changes daily. This is supplemented by a standard menu stuffed with more typical deli fayre. It is open from 8am for breakfast whilst the main menus kick in from midday.
Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

Met our son & partner for lunch. The food as normal was very tasty- the chef knows how to blend different things to make very enjoyable meals. We always have the specials. Service was good too. The lunch for 4 with dessert & a bootle of wine was £105- good value.

Reviewed September 18, 2018

Started with the Tuscan Bean Soup. Delicious bread to accompany. Nicely seasoned. Followed up with the Thai Salad and Welsh Rare Beef. It was really fresh and good quality. I was dieting so the portion size suited me but I can imagine some finding it a little sparse for a main.

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

We go here
Once a week if we can, the service
From the staff is exceptional . For me it’s a Liverpool gem ,the only reason I’ve held off reviewing is , so i always get a table & it doesn’t get busier than it is ,great location aswell & a total change from the normal ordinary 10p a loaf bread you get in so-called Breakfast establishments ,were filling your plate with rubbish seems the order of the day .
All the staff are stars in particular Anna & Tom
Thanks guys
Always a great start to the weekend

Reviewed September 12, 2018

We only went in for coffee, ended up having meal and a little cheeky carafe (mini jug) of wine.
What a great atmosphere, the deli was greatly stocked lots of pricey stuff on offer at great prices, a proper butchers, great range of cheese and fabulous wine for sale. Started on coffee then had halloumi burger with these carrot shaving things (cant remember proper name) with sweet potato fries. I am not vegetarian but fancied something different. Not disappointed in fact if this was how all vegetarian dishes tasted I would definitely consider it. Our server was lovely, but then again so where the deli staff, the lovely man preparing the drinks and all the customers. Very relaxed place and its all about good food and wine. Sat outside and drank a gorgeous Portuguese white wine, didn't even know one existed but the deli staff recommended it and I loved it. It was such a shame we where driving otherwise a lot more would have been tested and bought.

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

We called here after dropping our car off at a nearby garage to be serviced. After reading good reviews about their breakfasts we were looking forward to it. The restaurant was busy at 9am and we were told we only had our table for an hour. Fair enough, shouldn't take too long for breakfast. Our server took out order and we were promptly brought our drinks. Good start. Breakfast arrived shortly after. I ordered the dockers breakfast which was £10, my wife ordered an omelette. Not impressed with my dockers breakfast at all. I don't like mushrooms or tomato so I swapped these for beans. The beans were so watery that when I poured them onto the plate everything else was swimming in it. Bacon was rock hard and done to death. Sausages were nothing special, black pudding was tiny and very soggy, toast was small slices of rock hard ciabatta. How this is a dockers breakfast I don't know.. definitely not worth £10. I don't mind paying for quality if that's what you get, but there are plenty of other establishments nearby serving better food at more reasonable prices.