“A Diamond”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We have been going to the Lemon Tree for about two years and have never been disappointed with the meals,service and overall ambience of this bistro. Sharon and her staff make everyone feel welcome and our daughter celebrated her birthday there with all her friends.We have recommended this bistro to many of our friends and everyone has loved it(we hope we can still get a table!!) It's only small but for us this is definetely a plus.
We live quite far away but it's worth the taxi fare in our opinion!

4  Thank Dotim
There are newer reviews for Lemon Tree Bistro

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We have eaten at the Lemon Tree several times and would say it is the perfect balance of great food, great atmosphere and great service from the friendly, welcoming staff.The menu has a fantastic choice with fresh seasonal produce. I had chicken livers to start which were meltingly delicious in a delicate creamy sauce. One of our party had a superb chicken liver pate encrusted with pistachio nuts. The mains were equally delicious with the wonderful sea bass which was cooked to perfection on a bed of fluffy garlic mash and a prawn and dill sauce. There is also steak with chunky chips and a choice of sauces including peppercorn sauce. If you've got room after the generous portions there are some amazing desserts including a rich, dense chocolate orange torte and a gorgeous, piquant lemon posset accompanied by a light crisp shortbread. We are so lucky to have such top quality restaurant in north Liverpool and with free street parking too. We can' t wait to go back to The Lemon Tree soon.

2  Thank DebbieD663
Reviewed January 23, 2013

my wife & I visited the Lemon Tree on Saturday night after reading the recent restaurant review in the Liverpool Post(formerly the Daily Post.) We were made to feel so welcome by the Owner Sharon who greeted us like old friends even though we'd never met before. We hadn't booked & arrived at 5.30pm when they open & Sharon found us a table for 2 which we understood was reserved for 7.30pm which gave us ample time. The menu is superb with also daily supplements to choose from & if you're on a budget there is a 2 course special for £11.99 per person, we chose to be frivolous & go for what we both fancied, we were not disappointed, the food is pentiful & superb home made quality. We will definitely be back again very soon & indeed my wife has already booked to go with work colleagues next week. Thanks once again to Sharon & her team. One little point, take cash because cards aren't accepted, if you forget there's a cash machine over the road.

2  Thank lLiverpoolSteve
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have read so many reviews of the Lemon Tree that maybe I set my expectations a little to high.

The staff where awfully friendly and the restaurant was lovely and warm but I'm afraid that is where the praise ends.

The choice of wine is limited if having by the glass, 1 white, 1 red all others are only sold by the bottle. The soft drinks where flat, I believe they may have come from a 2 litre bottle that had been opened earlier. No soya milk was available.

The food was probably the biggest let down. It was far from bad, but certainly nothing to return for, no presentation and had very little taste. The Lambs Livers where so bad they where sent back, awfully overdone on the outside and falling apart inside. The roast dinners looked like they had Aunt Bessies yorkshire puddings on and better could of been made at home.

This restaurant may be worthy of its #1 status in Crosby, but is firmly put in the shade by some of Liverpools restaurants.

7  Thank Missyp2930
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I went to the Lemon Tree last night with my Brother & his wife to celebrate their Wedding Anniversary we had a lovely time. The atmosphere is perfect for a celebration the owner is very friendly & the service is very good & more important the food is very well presented & good quality so we had a great night will be going again & will recomend it to my friends

1  Thank Dorothy R