“Keep this quiet”

Academy Restaurant
Ranked #254 of 1,694 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: British, European, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Liverpool
“Keep this quiet”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I don't really want to prescribe this restaurant very highly just in case it becomes too popular.
My wife and I enjoyed a superb meal last week and have already made another reservation.
The staff are all students and are delightfully attentive and enthusiastic.. A particular thanks to our waitress Lauren.
The restaurant manager closely supervises proceedings. He has worked at Le Manoir with Raymond Blanc and so has a pretty good idea of how things should be done.

We opted for the taster Menu. All seven courses were superbly cooked and presented. The cost at £25 pounds per person is fantastic value given the quality of the ingredients used.
The food is as good as anything we have eaten in any restaurant that doesn't have a Michelin star.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Shaun55

• Finnish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Worth the effort to find this gem”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Chose this venue after reading the feedback on this site Booked for a party of four with one of us having a birthday. Venue is a little difficult to find. Even Sat Nav Sally was foxed A call to the restaurant and after a friendly direction and we parked right outside the premises. Our waiter Connor (six months into his course), guided by the every so charming Carol, did a very capable job of looking after us. Two of us chose the Tasting menu whilst our friends selected from the Winter menu. The deftness of touch, the freshness and the delicious combination of tastes were evident in both menus. My only wish is that the tasting menu was served with a glass of appropriate wine. I'll return to try the lunch menus. Well done the Academy!

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank Tensean
Glasgow, Scotland
“Bargain!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

If you're the type of person who drives up the rear of a learner driver flashing your lights and sounding your horn then this is not the place for you!! The service staff here are students learning their trade so it's never going to be super slick, but it is attentive and well supervised so I definitely recommend you visit here as it's superior food at a bargain price. I went on French themed night and had an amazing four course meal for a piddly £18.50. Like food? Not a snob? Then try this place!

2 Thank Gingerino
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I visited the Academy Restaurant a few months ago and was blown away by not only the price but the quality and also the service I received. Despite this being a restaurant ran by students studying at the near by college you would never be able to tell as they all act in a very professional manner and seem to know what they are doing! The food was absolutely delicious (the black forest gateaux was the best I have ever tasted). This restaurant is an absolute must! Fantastic value, fantastic food and fantastic staff.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Alison H
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I attended one of the theme nights for my birthday last month and have to say it was one of the best meals I have ever had. For £25, we had five courses and five different wines from Bordeaux to accompany each course. Each course was beautifully presented and equally delicious. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and will be visiting again.

• Visited November 2012