“like being back in thailand”
Review of Thai Kitchen

Thai Kitchen
Ranked #499 of 1,814 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2013

popped in for a meal last week on my own after having a shave and haircut in Turkish barbers down the road got a red thai chicken curry it was the best ive ever had ever in this country , ive been to Thailand around 30 times so I no my thai food well anyway after finishing my meal I rang the mrs and said I will be home with the tea for her and the kids they all loved it just wish it was closer to huyton I would never be out of there ,the staff are so friendly like most of the thai people are so go in and have a try its excellent best wishes stevie

1  Thank steven r

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

If you like Thai Food this place is a must. Inside it's no Chaophrya but then it's prices are not Chaophrya either but the food is just as good and probably more authentic.

1  Thank Scouse13
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Fairly recently started lunch-time special 2-course meal for £6.95. Over 10 choices of starter and 20+ main courses [allowing for variety of meat or vegetable choices]. Been in twice recently, with different people ~ going to go back and work through most of the menu. Seems to be closed on Mondays.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

When this restaurant originally opened, it was a hidden gem! But then when the owners left, the quality took a nose dive. I was very disappointed as I used to frequent this restaurant at least 3 -4 x per month!! I have since avoided it entirely until I was invited there by a group of friends who wanted to test it out for the first time. I went, fully expecting a disasterous outcome, and was pleasantly surprised. THERE IS A NEW CHEF!!!!!

I had the starter plate to share with everyone and the flavours are what I remember from when it first opened. The red and massaman curries were gorgeous. Have the latter if you are sensitive to spices as it is very mild. for those with spice-tolerance, mild = a proper medium. Cannot even fathom how deadly a 'hot' equates to.

ALSO - if you have a favourite Thai dish, talk to the woman in charge. She can make it for you if you give her enough warning. The original Thai kitchen used to have weekly specials, including roasted lamb and kung op wun sen (king prawns on a bed of baked glass noodles). Gorgeous!

So for those of you, like me, who were utterly gutted by the loss of the original owners, give this restaurant another chance. I think you will be impressed at how much it has improved.

Note: Bring cash as the debit machine is out of order.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

When the Thai Kitchen first opended the food was delicious and authentic, since then they have obviously become cynical and have no interest in providing food that is edible............, perhaps they consider it unecessary to continue to provide quality because of the large student community who they may consider their customer base.. I am not a student and have just experienced their King Prawn Pad Thai for the first time in at least a year it wasso disgusting, I am annoyed with myself for actually paying for such muck........... never ever again, little wonder the place was empty, get your act together or do us all a favour and close shop................................

3  Thank rockchic69