“A fresh hotel spoilt by old infastructure”
Review of Hotel Anfield

Hotel Anfield
Ranked #45 of 76 Liverpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I booked the hotel online based on its star rating.
My first problem was finding it; Anfield Road is not spoilt by readily visible street numbers or signs.
Parking was easy, there is plenty of off road space available.
Entry was very much ring the bell and wait, wondering if i had the right address.
The host and hostess were very friendly and helpful.
The comfy rooms were freshly renovated in the bordello style of gloss black and white, and shag pile floor rugs. The room had enough room for a comfy reading chair, an omission.
Breakfasts were self serve and OK.
The major disappointment was the unreliable hot water.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Mal E

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We arrived at the hotel early, our rooms weren't ready but we left our bags assured that our rooms would be ready when we returned from the match. We returned at about 7 o'clock only to be told they had given our rooms to someone else - but the manger said don't worry we have got you a different hotel a couple of miles away! We had small kids and a pensioner with us and although we were driven to the new hotel it was a waste of our time and very inconvenient. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Tommygun750
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This newly-opened hotel in an old home is something of a work in progress. The location is a bit out of the way from central Liverpool, but a 5-7 pound cab ride gets you into the city center quickly. Hotel Anfield's about 500 meters from Liverpool FC's famous stadium, and less than a mile from that of rivals Everton.

The staff, particularly the owner, were very friendly and eager to help, whether with booking tours or making coffee. The building itself has some nice touches, but some things in the rooms could be fixed up/improved upon. The sink in our room had a large cracked section of porcelain which caused water to run into who knows where, and the shower was a bit hit-or-miss. Beds were comfortable enough and clean. In the summer it looks like they have a very nice rear garden & patio. Breakfast provided is cereal, toast, and instant coffee. And it wasn't that cheap, at about $200 USD a night for us.

If your main focus while in Liverpool is to visit Anfield, I'd recommend checking this hotel out, otherwise I'd probably advise that you use it as a backup. Happy travels!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank bostoncollege11
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I know its pretty bizarre to give a hotel five stars when you end up not staying. But bear with me on that.

We went down to Liverpool to see the Reds play and I decided I wanted to stay near where I grew up. This hotel/B&B is actually two doors away from the house I grew up in, but sadly my former address is now a quite downmarket looking B&B. So couldn’t stay there. Hence we took a chance to stay in a “boutique” hotel in Anfield.

So we arrived a couple of hours before the game and parked inside their walled entrance as street parking is pretty much non-existent around Anfield. I then went inside to ask if they would look after one of our bags (Didn’t want to carry those items to a football match) and they guy in reception was unusual in his helping style. He said “sure, leave it there”. Well there was in an open space accessible to anyone. So I asked him if he thought it would be safer in the car, did they have break-ins, CCTV etc. He was totally uninterested and not really helpful. But then said he looked forward to us coming back to check-in properly after the game. It was just surreal as a conversation.

Anyway, off we went to the game and as we were doing the hospitality service at the club we didn’t get back until just after 6pm. So on arriving and bringing our luggage in we were told by a young girl (The Owner/Manager had disappeared by that time), that unfortunately they had given away our pre-booked room to other guests as they had children and as we had booked the largest/premier room, this was the only suitable room for them. The young girl was apologetic and offered to have us put up in a house further up the street. I suspect the owners own house. This would have meant walking back and forwards with suitcases as there is as I said earlier no parking allowed on the road. So we decided not accept and left.

We headed off to an airport hotel for a restful night before our flight to Italy where we have our own family home and no worries about being gazumped!

So, why have I given it five stars.

I’m just grateful they had given the room away. The office space, the entrance, the lounge and the breakfast bar were really quite basic and to my eye quite downmarket. I’m pretty sure we wouldn’t have enjoyed staying there. So thanks to them we had a pleasant night at the Premier Inn instead!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank melwood
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I went to a conference at Anfield Stadium so elected to stay at Hotel Anfield which is 5 minutes walk from the stadium. Upon arrival, we were offered a free upgrade to the best suite at the hotel. Debbie looked after us with a really warm, friendly style and it just felt very welcoming. We genuinely felt like we were treated as VIPs throughout our stay right down to the last detail so thanks Hotel Anfield!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MitchLeary
Reviewed September 1, 2012

i have just returned from a stay at hotelanfield and would recommend this to anyone looking to stay there.Debbie couldn`t do enough for you and worked like a trojan,a pure gem.Warren was very friendly and helpful Hotel.clean and tidy and a great location.second away from liverpool fc and 5 minutes walk from everton fc.£5-6 in taxi to town centre. thanks for a welcoming stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank EdinburghThomas
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Very friendly staff, Debbie cant do enough for you. Room was very clean and comfortable, we booked the quad room (4 single beds), the only down side was had to share a bathroom, which wasnt good in the morning as was busy.

Overall we had a good nights stay

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family