“Day trips from Liverpool”
Review of BusyBus

BusyBus
Ranked #18 of 72 Tours in Liverpool
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: BusyBus provide award-winning sightseeing tours, minibus private hire and transport services. Products from Liverpool include: North Wales Adventure, Lake District Uncut, Cruise Excursions, Alton Towers daily transfers.
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I recently enjoyed a couple of day trips from Liverpool to North Wales and the Lake District with driver / guide Frank who kept everybody entertained as well as informed throughout the days.
The passengers on the trip to North Wales were mostly American tourists from a cruise ship berthed in Liverpool. I'm sure they're still counting black sheep and singing the Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch song. The scenery on both trips was stunning and Frank ensured we got to places less traveled by other tours.
If you want to see the best sights in North Wales and the Lake District in a day join a tour with Busy Bus.

4  Thank JohnCarmichael2013
"smaller bus"
"welsh countryside"
"great orme"

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I can't tell you how much fun I had on this day trip! First, there's Frank. Funny, self-effacing, kind and knowledgeable. The sights are absolutely incredible! Conwy Castle -- huge, grey and intimidating. Snowdonia -- the majesty! Defeating English kings time and again. Betws-y-Coed -- a lovely spot, just made for tourists without being too tourist-trappy, and across the street from a church where the first Welsh Bible was published. And Thomas Telford's aqueduct -- walking across with the narrow boats, which I first learned about in the Amateur Traveler podcast, was wonderful. I went on to spend three more days exploring the English and Welsh castles and the beauty of Snowdonia with a Welsh historian after the tour, but I would have missed so much of the countryside if I had not joined this trip. What makes it different from other tours? Well, again, Frank, who kept up the banter and made us all comfortable. And Peter, who corresponded with me regularly before my arrival. As a solo traveler, I felt very secure in my choice and enjoyed the tour immensely.

3  Thank Kathykayc
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I had the chance to do a business tour around the south of England with busybus, and it really turned out to be more than just a tour, we soon felt a group of friends, thanks also to the very nice driver who stayed with us the whole time and tried to make us enjoy the trip despite the very tight schedule and appointments.

3  Thank Paola T
Reviewed November 11, 2013

BusyBus and James (the driver) provided us great times in UK. Our group of 13 people experienced an extremely professional service with a lot of fun too.

3  Thank RSGodoy
See more reviews
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We booked this tour for a cruise stop in September, 2013. I had mistakenly booked it meeting at Princess Dock Crowne Plaza Hotel instead of at the Cruise Terminal. When contacted they told me not a problem I could just pay the additional 20GBP when we boarded our bus. We did this. We were told to meet at the bus at 8am. We were there along with others from our ship. We waited one hour before leaving so that we could go a few yards to the Crowne Plaza Hotel and pick up guests there. So needless to say we were not pleased when we began the tour.We certainly could have walked (seriously it is not 5 mins) there not paid an additionalk 20GBP.

This was their full size bus that they promise never to fill full and our bus of course had just 6 seats left. But then we first drove to Chester to pick up 4 more people at a hotel there. Not a good start at all.

Our tour guide was very cheerful but insisted on playing a sheep game during the entire tour. It always interupted something interesting he was telling about the area and never seemed to get back on track. We did see a wonderful aquaduct and Snowdononia Naional Park is wonderful. We never did get to spend time in Chester as we had started out late.

Beware of this trap of paying a higher fee just to be picked up at the Cruise Terminal. You can walk to Crowne Plaza Hotel just across the street and pay less.

1  Thank Irishlady5
gizago, Manager at BusyBus, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately, you have got your facts completely confused and I would like to clarify this for other prospective clients:

1: Cruise ship excursions are completely different to BusyBus daily departure tour from The Crowne Plaza. You cannot "walk to the Crowne Plaza" to do the daily departure tour as the the cruise excursion is synchronised to the ships arrival and departure times and follows a tailored itinerary.

2: It is not a £20 difference in price. It's £10 per person more for a cruise excursion tour because we pay a cruise landing tax, provide additional contingency insurance to guarantee arrival back at ship for "all aboard" and give clients a personalised souvineer route map and itinerary (worth £5). BusyBus tours are still HALF the ships excursion price for a much better and longer itinerary.

I am sorry you didn't like the black sheep game but are satisfied from the many thousands who do that we've got the commentary mix right in factual narration coupled with fun & banter. I suppose this is subjective and we can't please everyone.

I hope this clarifies the matters raised.

Peter Rosenfeld