“Dishonest Housekeeping and Unhelpful Reception”

PREMIER SUITES Liverpool
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dublin, Ireland
“Dishonest Housekeeping and Unhelpful Reception”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Having just returned from a two night New Years break at the Premier Apartments, I am sad to have to write up this review as I have previously stayed and enjoyed staying here and in several of the other Premier apartments around the UK and Ireland.
Also as a Travel Agent based in Dublin I have recommended them regularly. I won't be doing so again!
We had two groups staying in seperate apartments we were checking out on the 1st and our friends were checking out on the 2nd. My boyfriend done the last check over the apartment while I was in my friends apartment. My boyfriend checked us out and then we went to wait in our friends apartment as our flight was later in the afternoon. I left my hair extensions (140 euro value) in the bathroom, on top of my jumper. My boyfriend never checked the bathroom. So a half an hour after we checked out i went to reception and asked them could I get back into the room to get them. They said housekeeping was already finished in the room (which i dont believe) and that they would check with them when ever they could. They were really uninterested in me and didnt really want to listen to me. I asked them to call me when they spoke to housekeeping, which they never did. Just before leaving for my flight I went to reception again and she told me, snidely, that she had the jumper but there was no hair extensions.
I understand that it was my own fault for leaving the items behind but obviously the housekeeping lied. Why would they want someone elses hair extensions? Or why wouldnt they just tell me that they had been thrown away? it was only half an hour after i checked out, they couldnt have gone far. I didnt appreciate the way reception treated me.

So, moral of the story, stay here for good value and good location. But watch your belongings.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank clareyfairy24
GMLIVERPOOL, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Liverpool, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I am sorry that you are not satisfied with how your situation was handled. I have raised the issue with all relevant staff and I am satisfied that the duty receptionist had done everything she could to assist you, and when the phone number given was constantly ringing out and she was aware of a friend still staying with us left a handover note for the following days receptionist to ensure the jumper was passed on to your friend. We have clear guidelines on storage of lost property and not all items are routinely retained, anything that is viewed as ‘disposable’ by the duty housekeeper is not kept. Due to the extra space and facilities within our apartments we find lots of people leave items intentionally, this can include long life food items, part used toiletries, novelty party items – this is especially common by those with flights as method of travel as it is not possible for them to take due to weight restrictions and it is simply not realistic for us to store all these items – we do not have the space. I can only once again apologise that one of the items were not identified and returned to you - it was a genuine mistake - due to the New Year celebrations resulting in lots of excess rubbish and party novelties in the apartments the item most likely was discarded as rubbish by the male housekeeper. I have contacted you directly on this matter but must stress I fully trust the honesty of the staff. Best wishes, Marie - GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
North West
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We have stayed here 4 times and we only live 30 miles away, how decadent is that. We like it that much.
This time we brought my parents in law for their Golden Wedding as they met in Liverpool. We asked for a room with a good view. The gave us a fantastic view over the mersey and over Liverpool. I think we got upgraded as it had a mezzanine leavel.
This is the 2nd time we have been upgraded here. apart from the spacious, clean and well equiped apartments the thing that sets this one apart is the staff. They are the friendliest, most attentive and professional team in anywhere I have stayed in th UK for years.
Ask for a certain room you get it, once we were arriving 30 minutes before they opened on a Sunday, the receptionist came in early so we could leave our bags. We know Liverpool, if you do not then they will guide you their knowledge is really good.

We have stayed in hotels in Liverpool, their are some really good ones but for value, space, location and service you can't beat the Premier Apartments.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Skien, Norway
Reviewed December 4, 2012

It's not like going through the entrance if Hilton Hotel. However when you enter the apartments you get the feeling that you made a scoop this time. I have been to other hotels in Liverpool and felt like being stoved into a box of sardines at the same price. A 5 minute walk to Liverpool One shopping area and a 3 minute walk to the Cavern area certainly makes it a central place to stay.
If you travel with your family and order the two bedroom apartments they are really big.
Well equipped and clean apartments. Highly recommended !

Room Tip: All rooms are recommended.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GMLIVERPOOL, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Liverpool, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Many thanks for choosing to stay with us and for taking time to post your review, this is greatly appreciated. Great to learn that you found us an ideal place for a family visit, we aim to offer exceptional value on our two bedroom apartments and feel there is really no comparison to a standard hotel in terms of the facilities we can offer to families and groups. I fully acknowledge that our entrance is perhaps not as grand as the big brand hotels, but I am confident behind our discreet entrance are the warmest welcome and friendliest team waiting to look after our many valued customers. I do hope we can welcome you back soon, Best wishes, Marie - GM
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2012

These apartments were so lovely, beautifully decorated and modern. We had a two bedroom apartment; it also had two bathrooms (with bath and shower), laundry room and a spacious open plan kitchen living area. There was so much room! I think the two bedroom apartments can sleep a maximum of 6.They were also very centrally located. I would most definitely return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the lovely review! I am delighted that you enjoyed your city centre apartment and were able to get the most out of your short visit to Liverpool from your central base. We all look forward to welcoming you and hopefully freinds/family in the future. Don't forget we have many UK city locations so look for Premier Apartments if doing a city break anywhere other than Liverpool (London has some great Festive deals!) Thanks again for your custom, Best wishes, Marie - GM
Alphen aan den Rijn, Nederland
Reviewed November 30, 2012

After staying at several other places people recommended me to stay here.

The apartments are all well equipped with everything you need. A nice bath in which even I with my length can actually relax, washing machine with dryer, dishwasher, microwave, oven, tv, an comfortable couch, nice mattresses on the beds and nice tea and coffee. Also the staff is very nice. And everything is nice and tidy.

The only not so good thing about the apartment is that internet is not included in the price. So if you want to use Whatsapp, then you have to pay a fee for the use of their broadband connection. And the fee is per device you want to connect. Personally I don't feel like using the internet when I'm there, but I can imagine some people would.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GMLIVERPOOL, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Liverpool, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for the excellent feedback, I am glad that we met the high expectations you had after recommendations from others. As a future hint we do offer some free WiFi to direct bookers or under seasonal promotions so its always worth checking with us and asking if there is a deal available, if not we can always see what can be done for a valued repeat client such as yourself! I do hope we can see you again soon, best wishes, Marie - GM
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Booked it for one night for me and my boyfriend for my birthday. Brilliant choice, receptionist was very lovely and braved the rain to show us how to use the side entrances. The apartment was exceptionally clean, with everything you could need, we both said we could have happily lived there. Can't fault it in any way.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing us for the special birthday break, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and the staff looked after you so well. Perhaps we can welcome you back before the next big birthday, we have some great deals on over the festive period if still have some shopping to do! We really appreciate the posting of your feedback, thanks again Marie - GM
Grimsby
Reviewed November 28, 2012

From arriving for our four night stay the staff were first class, we were physically shown how to gain entry and the egress for when staff are not on reception and then taken up to our rooms and asked if there were any questions and at all times the staff were friendly and helpful!

I was particularly impressed with how well the kitchen was stocked as owing to the fact that my hubby has been ill we stayed in more than usual, they even had a cheese grater and bread knife and the appliances were first class!

One small drawback was noise from outside at night time, we were woken at least once every night and the first night, a Sunday, about four times. Of course this is out of the control of the apartments and I do like a window open when I'm sleeping so... We also overlooked a service road that got a bit noisy with early deliveries so it might be worth requesting a quiet room.

I would recommend these apartments and they are quite close to places to visit!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for deciding to stay with us at Premier Apartments and for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that we met your expectations in most areas and you had such a positive experience overall. Our central location in a bustling city can have occasional noise drawbacks but generally this is nothing major and I am confident this is far less of an issue than in other central hotels, our side road does have far less traffic. We all look forward to welcoming you back in the future, thank you again for your valued custom! Kind regards, Marie - GM