1,630 results
All reviews art deco retail park david lloyd gym control tower ambassador suite terminal building the club lounge john lennon airport city centre executive room an early morning flight two double beds lovely hotel reception staff car park an overnight stay stayed here for one night
Selected filters
Reviewed July 19, 2016 via mobile

Late night stay on return from holiday. 2 mins by taxi from airport...or 30 min walk.

Great comfy beds. Clean room with welcome complimentary water.
Friendly welcoming staff. Added bonus of interesting old aircraft in hotel car park.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Garywaring2015, Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2016

Dear Louise G

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the feature of the aircraft's in the car park interesting . It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed July 19, 2016

Let me just start by saying the hotel , rooms and public areas are spotless.
It's a really nice hotel.
My gripe is with the customer service department, think its based in Canada.
Below is a copy of my complaint, as you will see we were a party of four but two separate bookings.
After our letter of complaint we eventually received 5,000 IHG points, the couple we were travelling with, sat at the same table in the dining room, waited around 11/2 hours for a bottle of wine, then leaving the hotel by taxi to try and get a meal for us all.They received 25,000 IHG points

EXPLANATION OF MY COMPLAINT
Hotel Location: Liverpool John Lennon Airport
Confirmation or Cancellation Number: H85BC
Check-In Date: Jun-10-2016
Check-Out Date: Jun-11-2016
Comment Type: GENERAL_SERVICE
Spoke With Management: Yes
Comment: L.Liversidge. Had a special deal booked through Holiday Extras room, 15 days parking and evening meal, to the value of £18 each. We found the hotel really nice, but we had problems with in the restaurant waited one and a half hours for a bottle of wine the starter was served warm, prawn cocktail and tasted and looked like mush. We had to order a taxi to find food. On our return to the hotel the catering and drinks manager gave us a complimentary drink and was very apologetic. we were staying with another couple Mr and Mrs Haslett. I would just like to say again the hotel is !st class, hoping some one can rectify the restaurant. we had a breakfast the next morning which was exceptional. Regards Les Liversidge

Room tip: Don't eat in the restaurant
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Les L

Thank you for your review and I see you have been in contact with our customer services department.

If you would like to discuss this further and if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me direct at the hotel.

Regards

Reviewed July 15, 2016

We are regular visitors of this hotel and our visit last week was no exception. We arrived on Thursday and left on Sunday and had a lovely few days in Liverpool celebrating our daughters birthday!

We were welcomed warmly by Mandy on reception and given a room on the ground floor as we asked (I have a sore knee and lots of walking is a struggle at the moment) our room was comfortable and quiet with good tv and Internet. Breakfast on Friday and we were greeted by the lovely Lorraine, the next morning by Christine both ladies looked after us really well as usual. On the Sunday morning I wasn't well enough to go into breakfast and Christine prepared a tray for husband to bring back to the room for me. I can't praise this hotel and staff and in particular the staff I have mentioned here enough it remains my favourite hotel in Liverpool ...

See you soon

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Garywaring2015, Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2016

Dear SouthYorkshire Nettie

I will certainly pass o your kind words to all staff involved and we look forward to seeing soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2016

Lovely Art Deco Style. Easy to get to, good facilities. We had a nice room, very clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and courteous. A lot quieter than staying in the city centre and it's an easy drive in, taking about 15 minutes.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Emma B

Reviewed July 11, 2016 via mobile

I stayed at Crowne Plaza for 4 nights whilst working in the local area, the hotel is the old airport building.
Check in was efficient but a little slow as staff member said "Sir" after every sentence.
I was allocated a room on the 2nd floor with a view of some old aircraft. The room looked like it had seen better days with far to much furniture in it but at least it was clean.
I went to the bar on my first night which was more like a sports bar than a standard hotel bar. The drinks where reasonably priced and a large gin selection promotion on. I ordered some food in the bar whilst watching a game from the football championships, the food was has disappointing has the game. Chicken was massively overcooked it was tough and the chips where cheep frozen ones, I complained to the bar tender who removed the charge from my bill and gave me a free drink. He even gave me the number for a local pizza delivery firm.
The bed was lumpy and the air conditioning didn't work very well either, I was given a fan when complained to reception.
The best part of the hotel was breakfast which was an excellent variety of hot and cold items cereals but the coffee was poor.

If they invested money into this hotel it could be a jewel in the crown, all staff extremely friendly and helpful Sam the bar tender is a real asset and Marcus on front desk who orders taxis without moving and he was most helpful in recommending restaurants in city centre.

Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Joel Hector M
Garywaring2015, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2016

Dear Joel Hector M

Thank you for your candid review. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel so I can provide additional assistance.

Kind Regards