Stayed over Easter and the hotel was busy. However as usual the staff were awesome, the room comfortable, David Lloyds excellent. However, you guys have still got a long way to go to get breakfast to the high standards it was a couple of years ago. Fortunately you've abandoned the mad system of tea and coffee on a table near the kitchen, and once again it's brought to your table - phew! But both days we were there (Sat and Sun), there weren't enough staff and bless them they were run ragged. Queue out of the door on Sunday, very grumpy people! But the kitchen still hasn't got its act together, everything runs out quickly and takes an age to replace. So much time spent hanging around tutting for orange juice, milk, bread for toast, eggs etc etc. Very very poor on our last visit and frankly has been like that for quite a long time.
If you want to see how to do breakfast properly, go see the Hilton at Dartford Bridge. Unbelievably good due to more staff and an incredibly efficient manager!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our friendly Concierge will greet you on arrival at the hotel, a former Art Deco airport terminal building. Take in the vintage aircraft stationed outside the entrance and step into Crowne Plaza Liverpool-John Lennon Airport's Lobby and lounge, where thousands of fans greeted The Beatles in their 60s heyday. Your sumptuous room or suite awaits, or you can head next door for complimentary use of the facilities at David Lloyd Leisure Centre. Crowne Plaza Liverpool-John Lennon Airport is 1 mile from Liverpool-John Lennon Airport and 1 mile from Liverpool South Parkway rail station, with direct trains to the city centre in 15 minutes. Leave your vehicle in our complimentary car park and stroll 20 minutes to Speke Hall, a gorgeous Tudor manor house nestled in the woods. Meet colleagues or clients at nearby businesses such as Jaguar Cars and Shop Direct, or invite 300 to banquets and conferences in our 12 elegant meeting rooms. Our Art Deco Starways Restaurant backs onto the former runway, and you can order from 24-hour in-room dining. For a stylish base in a convenient location, you'll find that the long and winding road leads to Crowne Plaza Liverpool-John Lennon Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport Hotel Liverpool
- Crown Plaza Hotel Liverpool
- Marriott Liverpool
- Liverpool Marriott