“Superb Food, Service Needs Improving”
Review of Spiceways

Spiceways
Ranked #111 of 1,896 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Firstly I have to start by expressing how much I love Spiceways & the food is the best Indian in the city! The Chef's specials are out of this world and full of fresh juicy ingredients - they know what they are doing!

However, what disappoints me is the service. The gentleman serving rush you something wicked, it's almost rude? Twice I have asked questions about the meal & been given blunt, sharp answers. I'd love the owners to employ friendly, knowledgeable staff as this restaurant really is one of the best I know!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I am a regular in Spiceways but last Friday, a new member of staff was extremely rude to us. The portions were also slightly smaller and the Coke flat. We wanted to order dessert but he just plonked the bill down, then about 2 minutes later, shouted at us 'Pay bill NOW please'. We left no tip and when we went to the toilets, he kept giving us daggers as he had just cleaned them the looks of things and wanted to get off home. A shame, as the owner is really friendly as are the rest of the staff. Will give it a wide berth for a while.

1  Thank VindalooQueen11
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful food. Went in January for first time and since then have had several take aways and eaten there this weekend.

Service excellent and food amazing. Sometimes curries all taste the same but these are all well prepared and delicious. The naan bread is gorgeous.

Far out weighs other indian restaurants .

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Been here 3 times now an always really nice, service was great all the people who work there are really nice and friendly. Very good priced food.
It's a must

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Have been going there for a while and was always good food and service. However, on last visit ordered our normal vegetarian curries and when eating it found we had been given a meat version which my wife started to chew on. Apologetic and changed right away but when bill came ther was no gesture for the mistake as the dining experience had been ruined, even the owner dissapeared when we left, not going back there ever again as very dissapointed and for a vegetarin to eat meat, it's not good!