“Top Hat - Top Notch”

The Crying Tree
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Crying Tree, formerly known as The Grange Manor is now open under new management. We are showing, in our Sports Bar, all major football games while in the other main bar we are providing entertainment during the weekends and a quiz night to be held on a Tuesday evening, starting end of September. We have several function rooms available for hire for all occasions. We look forward to welcoming you to The Crying Tree.
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Visited Liverpool at the weekend to celebrate my daughters 18th with the family and had a fantastic meal at the Top Hat. Food quality and menu was excellent. 11 of us were catered for comfortably and nothing was to much trouble. Service was outstanding with all staff being polite, professional and attentive. My dessert was probably the best I have ever had - champagne strawberries.
Fantastic singer added to the great atmosphere in the bar after the meal
Highly recommend
Well done to the new owners

2  Thank vinnyanne

Reviewed March 7, 2014

On my return to the previously named Crying Tree now named "The Top Hat" after a broken kitchen whereby the chef was unable to cook our meals (no fault of the management or staff). To say I was impressed with the food upon my return would be an under-statement! In a party of 8 everybody enjoyed their meal. The food was flavoursome, well presented and value for money. Friendly helpful staff who provided an excellent service. I would recommend The Top Hat and I will be returning myself in the near future.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

The crying tree is now under new management and is getting renamed Top hat bar and grill. We have been many times to the crying tree and unfortunately will never be returning. Have just had a meal there on a Saturday lunch time for a family of four. Menu was bar menu only and very limited, food quality poor and items missing. The rose wine was so bad I had to leave it. The whole atmosphere of the pub has gone and I am sure it will not be open for much longer. Such a disappointment.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Just returned from a lovely cosy meal for 2 at the Crying Tree. Although quiet in the restaurant on arrival, the service, speed and attentiveness offered was excellent. Looking forward to return visit having been enlightened by the coming events of Valentine's Night. Well done to the new management for a nice relaxing tasty, appealing and well cooked meal.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I was also part of the team mentioned in the No Gas etc review and totally disagree with the comments made. Yes there was a problem with the cooking facilities and we didn't receive the meal we were expecting but the staff went above and beyond to make sure we had a lovely evening. They could have so easily returned our deposit and left us to our own devices but instead provided us with snacks, several rounds of drinks, a Chinese meal and wine, all paid for by them. The Manager and Chef could not have been more apologetic and invited us back for a meal in January. I could not rate the customer service highly enough and would not hesitate to return or recommend it to anyone. I had a fab night with lovely people, great food and am looking forward to returning and sampling the menu!

1  Thank Tracy B