“Ridge tour”

RIBA Liverpool City Tours
Ranked #18 of 66 Tours in Liverpool
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: RIBA Liverpool City Tours tell the story of Liverpool past, present and future through the buildings and public spaces that make up the city. RIBA guides will lead a walking tour that puts the spotlight on key buildings and spaces that form part of the contemporary city landscape, its characters, its commerce and its culture. We offer four tours: 'Gateway to the World' (Sundays and Wednesdays), 'City of Culture, Learning & Faiths' (Saturdays), 'Sculpture, Culture & Civic Pride' (first and third Thursdays of the month) and 'The Ropewalks: Growth, Decline & Regeneration' (second and fourth Fridays of the month).
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Ridge tour”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I can thoroughly recommend the walking tour around the cathedrals area, we were a small group and the volunteer who had designed the tour had a wonderful enthusiasm for his city. Even though I was born in Liverpool we were taken into gardens and squares that I hadn't visited before, but, best of all - I eventually got to see the famous mosaics in the Philharmonic Dining Rooms' men's toilets! My friend and I ended our outing with a tasty meal in the Anglican Cathedral award winning restaurant.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“RIBA Gateway to the World Tour, Liverpool”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

On October 21st, 2012 a group of 14 of us took part in the "Gateway to the World" tour organised by RIBA. Our volunteer guides, Joan and Graham, were very friendly and knowledgeable, and helped to make the tour a very enjoyable experience. Although we were all from Liverpool they told us lots of things about our City that we had either forgotten never knew in the first place!! They also told us about other tours which we are now planning to undertake. I would certainly recommend this tour to anyone whether you are a local or a visitor.

John Williams and Friends (Crosby,

2 Thank john w
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Unmissable Tour”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Took part in the tour 3 October and thoroughly enjoyed it. The guides (Anne and Kim) were very knowledgeable and really friendly. I'd recommend everyone visiting Liverpool to take the tour, it'll be the best two hours of your stay, and for locals too, it opened my my eyes to some places I'd taken for granted.

Liverpool
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Scouse Nouse!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Went with my wife, 6 month old baby and brother in law on the Hope St architecture tour on Saturday. Absolutely fantastic! The tour guide (Angela) was not only knowedgeable but highly engaging, and it really opened my eyes to the architecture of this part of the city, both old and new. I know that Liverpool would like to be known as the centre for architecture in the UK (in a similar way to Chicago in the US) and this tour goes some way towards that goal.

Visited August 2012
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Gateway to Commerce walk”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We heard about this walk during I Love Architecture week. Although we had been on city walks before, Malcolm and Joan had researched numerous facts which were new to us, and interesting. Joan led the first part of the walk, and it was hard to believe she was a relatively new guide - she was fantastic! We also appreciated Malcolm's breadth of knowledge and communication skills. We would certainly recommend this walk without any hesitation.

Visited July 2012