“Lovely Risotto”

The Hub Alehouse and Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
The Hub Alehouse and Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #296 of 1,896 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Went to The Hub on a Saturday evening and had made a reservation, I would suggest doing the same if there are more than two as it was quite busy. Halumi and vegetable skewers was quite average, however the wild mushroom risotto was very enjoyable, al dente and mushrooms were definitely looked and tasted wild. Two courses, one cocktail plus tip cost £20 however the risotto was the cheapest main on the menu.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,855)

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Second visit to The Hub based on a previous lunch. This time we visited as a group for a Saturday lunch, when It was pretty busy: but we were seated quickly and our orders were taken quite quickly too. However, the wait for food was far too long. We waited for almost an hour for our food which regardless of how busy it is, is unacceptable in my opinion. Luckily it didn't hinder any afternoon plans but it has completely put me off visiting again if I am on any kind of schedule or have onward plans. The food, when it came, was fine. Nothing special but enjoyable. There were a couple of complaints from others that the Fish was quite salty but I cannot comment. I will probably visit here again sometime but won't rush back now. Especially as you can choose many other cheaper lunch options nearby.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Far better places to eat for half the price. Genuinely think that the food is microwaved. Overpriced pub food, and not good pub food either.

Catherine D, Public Relations Manager at The Hub Alehouse and Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you weren't 100% happy with your recent visit The Hub Alehouse and Kitchen. I am surprised to read your comments regarding our food and I just wanted to reassure you that all of our food is prepared from fresh ingredients daily, and not ‘microwaved’. It is a shame the food was not to your taste on your visit.

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Visited this restaurant with my mum for afternoon lunch. Nice and basic food, cooked well and fantastic service. REasonable pricing, would definitely return here.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

The food was really good and service fantantasic. There was nothing to dislike. The choice on the menu was good. My cousin does not drink but wanted an alcholic desert. They were able to reassure that it wass't much and she wpouldn't be able to taste it. This was correct.