The Knowsley Hotel
$88
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
  • Room Service
The Nadler Liverpool(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
$52
$112
$85
Staybridge.com
Aloft Liverpool(Liverpool)
$77
  • Restaurant
Heywood House Hotel(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
$67
$47
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Booked this place as it was the only place which slept 5 people in one room. Five girls for a fun weekend. Started getting nearer and the place started looking rougher which made us giggle even more wondering what on earth we were going to be met with. Got there, nowhere to park apart from a main street and I wouldn't recommend if you have a nice new car. The pub underneath was all boarded up and as I entered the door it instantly reminded me of the film the hostel! I was met by a really nice American or Canadian lady who was very polite and welcoming. Paid up front for the room and then realised we were going to be there all nite unmanned. There is CCTV there but no one there is you need help. You had to share the toilets and showers with everyone else and workmen live in your rooms from mon to fri and leave some of there food in the fridges. Walked into our room and was spotless and had five beds. Really did worry us staying there with no one around to keep an eye on everyone. Arrived in at about 12.30 and the rest of my party arrived back at 3am. Just after that time everyone in the rooms above came in and all hel was let loose. They were screaming, running up and down slamming doors the lot but it was surprisingly bearable. If you want a nite away and u want somewhere cheap to stay for a few of you then this is ideal. I would suggest go if your in a group of youngsters, if your a little older looking for a tidy place I wouldn't bother. I would go back because of the sheer convenience and the fact we could all sleep I'm the same room but defininatley isn't star rated. Taxi cost £4 to Liverpool 1

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Johux21
Reviewed May 13, 2012

When the cabby drove up to the address we had provided, my heart sank. The ground floor was a pub that has closed and is fully shuttered. The exterior of the building is shabby and run down and the entrance to the Hotel is actually in Commercial Road, not Stanley. Upsairs Grace and husband Jim run a neat and clean B&B. It is newly refurbished and comfortable. The plusses:

1 - new beds and linen, but towels are not provided - need to hire at GBP1 each.
2 - well positioned for Everton and Livepool fans - both grounds are within 20 minute walk
3 - main street shops and pubs not far away
4 - short cab ride to Lime Street station (we paid GBP6 and GBP4 for the two trips)
5 - spacious and new bathrooms - but these are shared - two for the 10 rooms
6 - free tea and coffee on tap during the day and early evening
7 - adequate continetal breakfast for extra charge
8 - reasonable rates
9 - on a bus route and close to city

The minuses:

1 - not a great area
2 - nothing apart from a few small shops, fast food outlets and a post office in the immediate vicinity
3 - close to a railway line that may be noisy for some
4 - tiny TV resting on top of a cupboard

We were visiting Anfield and would certainly use this establishment again for football matches in future.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ratfink
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Dont know where to start, I have never wrote a review before but felt so strongly about this place I had no choice. There was a goup of 14 ladies all aged between 30-40, we arrived at this hell hole on the Saturday for a hen weekend. We nearly cried when we pulled up outside we were then greeted by a lady with very little manners. The rooms were cold and smelt damp, most of the beds were clean but 2 of the girls had to ask for clean sheets as their beds had not even been changed. We got up at 8 on the sunday morning and there was not a drop of hot water the showers were freezing, there is not a reception so we had to call for outside help. The lady arrived and shrugged her shoulders was not interested as we had already paid. This place looked like a hostel for the homeless. When we were been picked up by the taxis the local people could not even beleive that people were staying in the building. If you want to enjoy your weekend do not stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't book the Knowsley B&B
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank KATHRYN m
Reviewed March 11, 2012

We arrived expecting to find everything as described but how wrong we were. The hotel looked like the bailiffs had done a visit and cleared the lot and had even took the windows. There was no furniture what so ever, no pictures,no tv, no drinks facilities, all the rooms consisted of was beds and they looked like they had been taken out of a rubbish skip. There was no wi-fi and the pub below is derelict and falling down and would imagine has been for a while, It's location was in a very poor looking part of town,there was no cooking facilities other than a toaster in the reception which was just a desk. The 2 people in charge i would imagine are squatters. They didnt take lightly to us refusing to stay and demanding our money back. Taking all the above into account we left and were fortunate to get a room at the premier inn. I hope trading standards shut these clowns down as its an absolute disgrace, i wouldnt expect it to be trading much longer.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Canary A
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I arrived at the “hotel”, to find it was a old building with boarded up windows. The woman running the reception had an awful attitude an was very rude an un pleasant. The rooms looked like dogs had been sleeping in them an looked like they had never been cleaned, they was also very cold. On the info it stated that it had WIFI but this got turned off at 9 aclock. There was no car park I had to leave my car in a side street which was then smashed by thugs an my belongings stolen from it, this was the worst mistake of my life an I don't reccomend anyone to stay here the people that are running this place are a digrace.

• Stayed: January 2012