“A re-visit after 50 years !”
Review of World Museum

World Museum
Ranked #23 of 208 things to do in Liverpool
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: World Museum Liverpool is a fantastic family day out! Over five free floors explore: the aquarium and the Treasure House Theatre; the natural world in the Clore Natural History Centre and Bug House; the human world in the World Cultures gallery and Weston Discovery Centre; the earth with dinosaurs and animals from around the world; and space and time through scientific instruments and the Planetarium. There are also two cafés and two shops.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Powys
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 224 helpful votes
“A re-visit after 50 years !”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

As a kid in Liverpool, many a wet sunday afternoon was spent here and in the Walker Art Gallery. On a recent trip back to Liverpool I thought it would be interesting to view through adult eyes. The interpretation and the way the exhibits are displayed now is very different - very much more family friendly, and that is indeed a good thing. Lots of families enjoying all sorts of different exhibits and displays, and even picnicking!!! At the moment there is a special 'Magic' exhibition on display featuring fairy tales with interactive rooms and activities. Plenty of volunteers based in certain areas to encourage questions and a hands-on experience. The coffee shop was well attended but we were served quickly and prices were good. All in all, an excellent 2half hours spent revisiting an old haunt which has been given a new twist. Don't be put off by the term museum ........ go, and give it a try! Free entry, lockers available should the weather be bad and you are well wrapped up, with a £1 refundable fee.

Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great for kids and grown ups alike”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

I've been here a couple of times now, most recently with my 6 year old during half term. The museum is split across 5 floors each with their own theme. Standout areas are the fossils, the planetarium and the dinosaurs. Be sure to book your place at the planetarium as soon as you arrive at the desk at the far left of the lobby. You'll get a ticket with a time for free, but be quick as places will fill up quick during busy days.

Rankins Springs, New South Wales, Australia
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Free!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

There is so much to see here and well worth it considering there is no price whatsoever! It was great to see so many kids excitedly running around eager to learn on the 5 levels of this museum.

Scarborough, United Kingdom
192 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 165 helpful votes
“This museum is still one of my favourites.”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I love the World Museum so much that I will travel all the way from Scarborough on the east coast to Liverpool, just to visit this museum. Sadly I was disappointed with the Magic Worlds museum which has just opened. Lots of the exhibits were very small and hard to see behind glass cases. The exhibition was packed on the day I visited, and full of noisy children. I had timed my visit especially to see the close up magicians, who were advertised to be performing between 11am and 4pm. No magicians were spotted even though I was in there for 50 minutes. I asked about this this and was told that they were on a lunch break! So not performing between 11 and 4 then!
This museum is still one of my favourites though; the aquarium and planetarium are excellent.

1 Thank Martin D
Chester, United Kingdom
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“How lucky we are to have free museums”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We visited last week with our 4 yr old grandson who was eager to see rockets, meteorites and dinosaurs. We were able to do 2 of the 5 floors and brought him home exhausted! Locker storage just inside the entrance is great and a large information desk provided us with all that was needed. Toilets are plentiful and well signed. Lifts to each floor. The café was expensive but we would hardly complain when entry to the museum is free. What was disappointing was that so many of the personal ear pieces for information weren't working and a lot of the information labels needed updating or repairing. It could really do with management going round and having a very good look at whether all the equipment is working and, if not, at least put a label indicating the situation. The museum was packed and we spent a lot of time negotiating a sea of huge baby buggies but it was very encouraging that it was so full of young children. You'd need a lot of visits to see everything. We arrived too late to get tickets for any of the shows but our grandson was happy and I expect we will be returning numerous times as he gets older.

1 Thank Sprite_9