“Take this tour?? Yeah! Yeah!! Yeah!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Beatles and Liverpool Rail Day Trip from London
Ranked #6 of 65 Tours in Liverpool
More attraction details
Owner description: The Magical Mystery Tour is Liverpool's original Beatles tour which takes you on an entertaining journey to the places where John, Paul, George and Ringo lived, met and hung out as they formed the band that took the pop world by storm. See the places that inspired songs such as Penny Lane and Strawberry Field, stand outside the houses where they lived and enjoy plenty of Fab Four tunes along the way. The tour finishes with a visit to the world famous Cavern Club where The Beatles played 292 times. This is the only tour to give you free general admission to the Cavern after your tour. Private tailor-made tours can also be arranged for your group in the Magical Mystery Tour people-carrier, minibus or coach! Translations of the tour commentary are available in French, German, Italian and Spanish.
Blackpool, England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Take this tour?? Yeah! Yeah!! Yeah!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Ive been wanting to take a Beatles tour for years, having grown up with them – my Mum was 17 my Dad 18 and Beatles and Elvis nuts when I was born in 1963. For my 50th birthday, there was only one suggestion – The Beatles tour! After researching a fair few of them we decided on MMT. I thought the taxi tours were a bit too expensive for just 2 people and went too far around Liverpool. The tour itself was great and being in a yellow mock MMT coach I enjoyed it and the atmosphere was fantastic – all older fans who seemed diehards, singing along to the music etc. The sound system was really reasonable considering we were on a bus!

The guide was fantastic – friendly, knowledgeable and a lot of additional off the cuff adlibs added to the day. Apart from going into Forthlin Road and Mendips (which you can ONLY do if you go on the National Trust’s own website booked mini tour), and maybe being able to peer into the barbershop at Penny lane (obviously tough due to the road parking problems with a bus!), I couldn’t really fault anything about it. You learn something new all the time – for instance, I have never known, that the very first stage from the Church Hall that the Beatles played on, is set up and preserved in the free entry Liverpool Museum!

Foreign tourists (or anyone else who should know this already), SIT ON THE SEATS TO YOUR RIGHT HAND SIDE as you enter the coach – we drive on the left side of the road here, and you see most things better on that side.

I would definitely recommend this trip to anyone – excellent value too for the cost. Having bought an excellent Beatles guidebook from the Hard Day’s Night Hotel shop, we are going back to visit some of the many other places not seen from this MMT bus excursion.

When we went to the cavern Club afterwards, the Beatles Tribute act guy saw my birthday badge and asked if I wanted to get up on stage with him - they all sang happy birthday and if that wasn’t honour enough – he asked if I wanted to do a number with him! What a fantastic birthday day I had. I will probably never forget it, and the MMT trip added to the whole experience for me.

TOP TIP!!! If you do stand in front of George's house to have your photo taken, stand a bit to the side so you don't get the awful hanging pot looking as if its on top of your head

Finally - what is it about people knocking on George's house door-knocker or peering in the window or taking pics of the neighbour's houses??? In case you didn't realise, GEORGE DOESN'T LIVE THERE NOW!. Its a private house with an elderly woman living there and just because you're a Beatles fan on a tour, you have no right to create a nuisance! PLEASE RESPECT PEOPLE'S PRIVACY and property. The residents sometimes feel they're under siege and the tours could be banned due to unreasonable rude visitors.

7 Thank blackpoolrock

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Great if you are a Beatle's fan”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Went on this yesterday - very good from the start. Our guide really knows his stuff: we certainly learnt a lot of new facts. We now know the history of Eleanor Rigby (and it's not the lady who is buried in the local churchyard...)

Coach arrived on time and boarding was quick. All in all, an enjoyable trip so would recommend.

Birmingham
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband wanted to go on this tour, I wasn't as keen but it was fantastic, our tour guide Adrian and driver Ross were very good. We learnt so much on this tour and the atmosphere was good.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“The Beatles History”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Great place to visit either your a Beatles fan or not! tells you the story of one of the greatest music band of all times. You can feel a little bit of the beatlemania .. i was amazed and im not that big of a fan!

Visited September 2012
Preston, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Mystery Tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Great afternoon, only down side air conditioning on the bus not working and it was the hottest day of the year. Good to end up at he cavern club.