“Stay here at your peril......”

ibis Liverpool Centre Albert Dock - Liverpool One
Ranked #46 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Booked this hotel for a business trip, due to all the good reviews on this site. I can honestly say this is the worst hotel I've ever had the pleasure of staying at!!

The staff were all rude from reception staff to bar staff. The breakfast was cold with hardly any clean tables cleared. I had to clear my own!!.

My room was small to say the least, the cleaner could of spent more time on the finer details like pubic hairs all over the bathroom, beds etc.

On the last night of my stay we went to Albert docks which was a breath of fresh air, everyone was so nice and helpful. I returned to the hotel to be greeted by two burly bouncers???.......why does a hotel need bouncers???? These two lumps were very heavy handed on a group of young men trying to get back to there room.

If you are thinking of booking this hotel please reconsider I can honestly say this hotel is the pits!!! Pay a little more and go to the Marriott a proper hotel!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,807)

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I booked the Ibis Albert Docks after reading the positive reviews on this site and after having a decent experience in other Ibis hotels. That however, was a huge mistake! I stay in hotels each week with work and as a family, we like to travel....I am by no means a hotel snob...but the attitude of the staff and the level of noise in the hotel was ridiculous. Upon arrival, our room was not ready and when we eventually got in the room, the beds were a mess, with stains on the sheets. When I returned from my evening meal there were parties going on in almost every room in the hotel. I hardly slept a wink. This hotel clearly caters for stag and hen parties.....in the evening I witnessed young ladies getting hurled abuse from youngsters in the lobby and staff seemed to be enjoying this more than the youngsters! The only plus side of the hotel is the location which I cannot fault. If you are looking for a hotel that has zero customer focus, thrives on catering for 24hr party people, is dirty and badly run then I would suggest you stay here.

Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This Ibis is one of the most expensive ones I've stayed in. The prices tend to fluctuate depending on the local events. The hotel was conveniently located near the Albert Dock which meant sight seeing on foot was definitely possible (museums, docks, restaurants, train station, etc). The staff was very kind and helpful. The breakfast was bigger than I expected for an Ibis. The bed wasn't really all that comfortable, nor were the pillows. Moreover, the doors are paper-thin so you can hear everyone coming and going. And since this is a budget hotel it will attract party-goers who are more interested in a night on the town, coming in and slamming their doors at 4 in the morning. So bring ear plugs.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
IbisLiverpool, Manager at ibis Liverpool Centre Albert Dock - Liverpool One, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Many thanks for your comments. We appreciate all feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay. I’ll look into the points your raised personally, and in the meantime, I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis Liverpool very soon. Kind regards, Paul Smith, Assistant Manager.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Good location: directly opposite Albert Dock, and a stones throw from Liverpool 1 shopping centre and city centre. Parking on-site and reasonable price.
Staff all very friendly and helpful, all seemed to enjoy working with each other and helping customers.
Budget hotel, get what you expect: little storage, facilities, and everything costs extra. Room basic, but clean and comfortable. We had a great view from 4th floor overlooking dock. We spent most of our days sight seeing, so only needed a bed and shower, so lack of other facilities not an issue.

Breakfast basic, and expensive for what you get, but hot food all fresh, and staff helpful and happy.

Good but not great, but just we we needed, and would use again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at the Ibis Liverpool. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future. Kind regards, Paul Smith, Assistant Manager.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

once again the ibis exceeds all. just recently i was there twice in a week, the second time i was there with my daughter again. clean tidy rooms, good food, very attentive and very friendly staff. everybody had a word for us, some of these so called top hotels should take a look at this hotel, this is how its done. this place is in an ideal situation in liverpool, i would like to thank all the staff for another lovely visit, and we will see you again. oh and of course like last time the lovely friendly smile of sammi.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Formule1Manager, Manager at ibis Liverpool Centre Albert Dock - Liverpool One, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. I will pass on your kind words to Samantha, I look forward to welcoming you back at the Ibis Liverpool. Kind regards, Paul Smith, Assistant Manager.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Excellent situation, close to all amenities and good car parking. For the single traveller the beds are very narrow. My room was sadly lacking in storage facilities and the bathroom was not as well equipped as Ibis hotels I have stayed at in France. Where does one keep a wet towel, for example, when there is no towel rail?
Breakfast is quite good, but the room is too small; especially when staff are slow to clear away dirty dishes from tables. And why does this Ibis hotel use the irritating plastic containers for jam & honey: with only a limited selection as well?
Like all Ibis hotels, the position is very convenient and the reception is quick and efficient, but if travelling to Liverpool I would recommend considering alternatives.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank wsussex41
Formule1Manager, Manager at ibis Liverpool Centre Albert Dock - Liverpool One, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience saying with us at the Ibis Hotel Liverpool. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. Please feel free to email me on h3140-am@accor.com to discuss your stay further. Kind regards Paul Smith, Assistant Manager.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I recently stayed at the IBIS Liverpool near Albert Dock during a trip for work. I didn't think it was particularly good value for money given the quality of the facilities and services provided. Everything cost extra (internet, breakfast etc.), bar prices were high, the food was unappetizing and the rooms were somewhat small and overheated, with rather grubby carpets. The restaurant area was open plan and immediately adjacent to the bar and reception, so that everything constantly smelt of fried food. The only real plus for this hotel is its location, as mentioned in the other reviews.

1  Thank Kemmina