“A VERY WLCOME BREAK”

Ranked #45 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
sunderland
“A VERY WLCOME BREAK”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

A superb small friendly hotel staff keen to help in any they can .The room we had has just been refurbished to a very high standard it was very warm and cosy heating can be controlled from the room.I would reccoment the continental breakfast as there are lots of options not just a coffee and croissant! We parked up and didnt use the car for three days as the Ibis is right in the heart of all attractions so much to see and do I would certainly go back there but only during the week as our last night (sat) was spoiled by some noisey guests who thought it fun to scream /shout and bang on doors at 0300hrs but I may also add they were dealt with by hotel security which helped so if your a heavy sleeper this may not bother you.

Room Tip: ask for one facing Albert Dock as it looks great all light up at night
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IbisLiverpool, Manager at ibis Liverpool Centre Albert Dock - Liverpool One, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Kind regards, Paul Smith, Assistant Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Trondheim, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I chose this hotel for my second visit to Liverpool. This is a hotel you may return back to. Location is excellent. And though very central, it is a quiet and safe place. You are surrounded with attractions in the neighbourhood - shopping in Liverpool One, and Albert Dock right across the street. Nice service in the hotel and quick check in and out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at the Ibis Liverpool. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future. Kind regards, Paul Smith, Assistant Manger.
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

This has to be the worst hotel I have stayed in. The staff were appauling, the rooms were very unhygienic (flies and spiders all over my room) and the cutlery etc at breakfast were unclean to say the least. To top this off my friends and I got thrown out in the middle of Saturday night because we came in late after the club and made a little noise. I know people are trying to sleep but this was very harsh and we had to sleep outside the train station until our train came. It was freezing!The main reason this happened is because the bouncer, 1 in particular - IVAN, was on a powertrip. He was yelling at me calling me names which were very hurtful and I cannot repeat. Before all this he even tried to sell me drugs. At the point in which we got ejected from the hotel I actually feared for my safety as he radio'd for back up and 2 other burly security guards came up with some sort of batons. It was the worst experience of my life.
Apart from this, the female staff were very helpful and it is in a good location. The locals were nice. My friends or I, however, will NEVER set foot in another IBIS hotel again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir,

What you have written in this review is absolute nonsense. An email was recently received at the hotel, from a member of your party, asking for your money to be refunded, as we evicted your group from the hotel. As you were warned on several occasions, we did not deem your behaviour to be acceptable. You chose to ignore these warnings and your group was evicted for behaving in an appalling way. You disturbed other guests and acted in an anti social manner. Subsequently after being offered no refund you threatened to have all your friends write horrific reviews on trip advisor in a bid to damage the hotels reputation. Everything you have stated within this email is totally untrue. I am sure that if anyone reading your review looks at other reviews that guests have written, they will clearly see that your review does not reflect what most other guests feel about the hotel.

Paul Smith, Assistant Manager. Ibis Liverpool
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Booked based on the reviews on here and we weren't disappointed! I emailed ahead and asked if it would be possible to get a room with a view but was surprised how lovely the room and view were (We were on 4th floor facing the docks).
Plenty of room for two people , warm cosy room (even though it was icy outside!) with lovely bed and a very modern walk in shower in the pod style bathroom. No noise from the busy road outside or other guests even though we stayed on St Patrick's Night.

Brilliant location if you are planning on doing tourist things - Just across the main road you will find The Echo arena, The Beatles Story, Tate Liverpool, Duck Tours and various bars and restaurants withing about a 5 /10 min walk and a bit further along you will find the Maritime Museum and the Museum of Liverpool as well as the 3 Graces and the Liverbirds!
5 mins in the opposite direction will take you to the modern shopping centre Liverpool One.
Will defo stay again next time I'm in Liverpool.

Room Tip: Email ahead asking for a room facing the docks. The higher floors have a lovely view
1 Thank shoggypops
IbisLiverpool, Manager at ibis Liverpool Centre Albert Dock - Liverpool One, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Ibis Liverpool. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans. Kind regards, Paul Smith, Assitant Manager.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Room was fine. Bed was extremely comfortable. Room heating was controllable, which is a plus as we don't like hot rooms. The room we were allocated had bedside lights that were not working. We reported this and within 10 minutes someone came to inspect it, couldn't fix it on the spot and offered us a move to a different room, which we accepted. Impressive service,

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Formule1Manager, Manager at ibis Liverpool Centre Albert Dock - Liverpool One, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Everything is great about this hotel. The location, the interior, the price...but what made me feel super welcomed was the team and their warm attitudes. I stayed for five days and was nearlyvsad when leaving. Apart from their great personalities, they were very fast to respond. The hotel was clean and well mantained. When in Liverpool, stay in this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013
Formule1Manager, Manager at ibis Liverpool Centre Albert Dock - Liverpool One, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back at the Ibis Liverpool. Kind regards, Paul Smith, Assistant Manger.
Ebbw Vale
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

excellent stay in Liverpool this hotel is in an ideal location cosy room clean and tidy near the albert docks where a lot of the museums are We went to the Cavern where there was live music in the afternoons A nice shopping centre a few different wetherspoons pubs where we ate also more eating places nice fish and chips shop called L 1

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Formule1Manager, Manager at ibis Liverpool Centre Albert Dock - Liverpool One, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at the Ibis Liverpool. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future. Kind regards, Paul Smith, Assistant Manager.