Stayed in this hotel for two nights over the weekend. Overall it was a reasonable stay, but there are some obvious problems with the place:
1. No free wi-fi available in the hotel. Instead you have to pay Orange £9.99 for 24hrs access. Given that I can get free wi-fi on the bus I thought this was a bit rich. The staff are obviously used to dealing with complaints on this issue, but I wonder why management doesn't step up and sort out free wi-fi.
2. The bedroom was pretty dire: the beds are uncomfortable and look pretty shabby. The television only has a handful of challenges. The window options are either completely closed or fully open (slightly unsafe given I was on the third floor).
3. Staff at reception were cheery enough but the bar staff were both surly and slow. One man in particular seemed to take ages over every transaction. Given that there were a number of large groups in the hotel during my stay, the bar queue got a bit frustrating.
The cost befits the location, I suppose: but I don't think, should I be in Liverpool again, I'd re-visit the Ibis. I know it is a supposed 'budget' hotel (although the room for two nights came to £210...) but things can be done better than this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ibis Liverpool Centre Albert Dock - Liverpool One is located 5 km from the airport and a 10 min walk from the city centre. With pubs, theatres, historic buildings, nightspots and the Everton FC and Liverpool FC stadia all within the immediate vicinity, the hotel is ideal for weekends as well as longer business or holiday stays. Offers 192 rooms including 10 for guests with limited mobility, a restaurant, a bar offering snacks 24hrs and secure outdoor parking (chargeable). Business guests will appreciate use of complimentary WiFi Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, ACCOR, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your ibis Liverpool Centre Albert Dock - Liverpool One reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Liverpool City Centre Hotel Liverpool
- Accor Liverpool City Centre
- Hotel Ibis Liverpool
- Ibis Hotel Liverpool