“Brilliant Location”

ibis Liverpool Centre Albert Dock - Liverpool One
Ranked #45 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
blackpool
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed during August for 2 nights. Clean hotel, nice room in a great location. Have no complaints at all. We used it as more of a stop off place as we spent a fair amount of time shopping then off out in the evening. The tall ships were in the dock which was an added bonus to go and see and we were only a 5 min walk to the centre of Liverpool 1. Definitely go on the big wheel as you get a great view of the city. Also unlike some people I found it quiet and peaceful even though we stayed at a weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the dock.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
IbisLiverpool, Manager at ibis Liverpool Centre Albert Dock - Liverpool One, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the The Ibis Liverpool again very soon. Kind regards, Paul Smith, Team Leader.
London
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed here for business whilst attending a conference at the conference centre. Location wise the hotel is excellent, whilst not in the dock itself it is only a five minute walk to the centre the route of which is well lit and safe.
The hotel itself is fine, the room was warm and clear and the 'pod' bathroom is very clean.
The price for the room is very good for the location and what you get. One of the most important thing for me was the parking, this came in at only £3 per day which was very reasonable if attending a conference. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The only issue I had was that my internet didn't work, the staff offered to try and fix it but I opted for a refund instead which they gave with no argument. I'd stay here again if back in Liverpool.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We at the Ibis Liverpool very much appreciate all your thoughts. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and having noted all your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, Paul Smith, Team Leader.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Rooms were fine but the place does get pretty rowdy. Wi-fi is pay-as-you-go, which is a little annoying. I would probably rank this higher but for the price we paid I would've expected a bit more. It is however, a fantastic location, and for that part of town you probably won't find anything cheaper; I think we got marked up a bit as there was a large group of traveling soccer fans there.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. We’ve taken note of your comments. Kind regards, Paul Smith, Team Leader, Ibis Liverpool.
Exmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We chose this hotel as it was in a good location and was reasonably cheap for a weekend in the city. The rooms were clean and typical for a budget hotel and we had a nice view from our window. However the hotel was full of groups of loud, drunk people from stag and hen parties. We got almost no sleep at all due to some of these people running up and down the corridor making a lot of noise and shouting their friends' names while repeatedly banging on our door and trying to get into our room. This lasted throughout the night. We have stayed in Ibis hotels before in other locations and have never encountered a similar problem, but this one seemed more like a youth hostel than a hotel. Liverpool is a fantastic city to visit but I would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
IbisLiverpool, Manager at ibis Liverpool Centre Albert Dock - Liverpool One, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback about the Ibis Hotel Liverpool. I would like to apologise for the problems that were caused by other guests in the hotel behaving in a anti social manner and this disturbing you during your stay.

We do have our reception team conduct regular checks during the day and during the night we employee security staff to try to ensure that noise is kept at a reasonable level. Obviously on this occasion this has not been effective in controlling the guests whom have decided to behave in this anti social way. I can assure you I will look into this matter further.

If you would like to discuss your stay further please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be happy to help, my email address is h3140-am@accor.com.

Kind Regards, Paul Smith, Team Leader.
LONDON, UK
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is a no-frills, basic amenities hotel. Not sure how they get away with charging £160 for a Saturday night stay.

The hotel is clean and in a good location but very tatty.

The main disadvantages:
- absolutely no toiletries in the bathroom
- only two towels for a double room (should be four!)
- I found the bed uncomfortable

If you don't mind too much about the hotel during your stay and can book at their lowest rate (around £50 at the time of writing this review) then go for it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank boygarland
Many thanks for the review about the Ibis Hotel Liverpool. I was disappointed to read that you where not fully satisfied with your stay, I would like to offer you my sincerest apologies.

I would like to take this opportunity to respond to the comments you have left and hopefully this will answer a few of the points you raised.

The Ibis Liverpool is a economy hotel this is the reason for the lack of products within our bathrooms, we do provide each room with soap, a shampoo and shower gel combi, towels and a hair dryer.

The reason for the high rate you paid for your stay is due to the high demand that Liverpool had during the weekend of your stay, like every hotel in the city we have a lot of people who travel over to Liverpool to watch football, as well as numerous concerts on at the Echo arena, which means that the city is extremely busy. I would always suggest to book as early as possible to get the best room rate.

In regard to your comments regarding the lack of towels within your room, we are a environmentally friendly hotel, because of this we only supply each room with two towels, we will however always supply our guests with more towels if they requests them.

I am sorry that you found the bed uncomfortable, Ibis hotels have recently installed new beds in all our hotels across the UK and this is the first complaint I have received concerning the comfort of the beds since they were changed.

I would again like to thank you for your feedback, if you would like to discuss your stay further please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be happy to help.

Kind Regards, Paul Smith, Team Leader.
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This hotel is everything you want. Cheap, Clean, Comfortable, and an ideal location!
We stayed on Friday the 23rd of November and we were going to the Echo Arena, This was a 5 minute walk (If that) from the Arena in fact, we could see it from our window.
It was also a stones throw away from Liverpool One Shopping Centre which was great as we had booked to have a meal in a reastaurent there.
The staff were polite and helpfull and would definitely go there again! 5*

Room Tip: Ask for a dock view!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Ibis Liverpool. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans. Kind regards, Paul Smith, Team Leader.