“great for short breaks”

ibis Liverpool Centre Albert Dock - Liverpool One
Ranked #46 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed December 15, 2011

My daughter and I stayed just 1 night whilst going to the theatre. Great location for all the city sights and amenities. The Albert Dock is just across the road, Liverpool 1 and main shopping area a 5 minute walk, Anglican Cathedral 10 minute walk. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. Rooms are like all Ibis hotel rooms but very clean and with usual amenities including wifi. Very easy to find if travelling by car and although there is a small charge for the car park there is plenty of space. Thoroughly recommend for short breaks for all ages.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,779)

Reviewed December 13, 2011

I will start by saying that I have, at some point stayed in nearly every hotel in Liverpool as my employer has an office there and I have been travelling up a few times a month for 3 years and I also went to university there so I know the city pretty well!
This place could have been so much better! There was so much hair in the bathroom when we checked in I can only assume the room was occupied to 2 wookies before us. Food in the restaurant was 'dinner with a ding' and the room rates are shocking when the races/football is on (same in all the hotels in Liverpool)
that said, the rooms were very nice, nice views, good parking, walking distance to town so I think if you get a good rate then it is worth staying but I (work) paid around £200 a night for this place so felt a touch ripped off when I have stayed here before for about £50 a night in a room with less hair!

Breakfast is cheap and not bad!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
IbisLiverpool, Manager at ibis Liverpool Centre Albert Dock - Liverpool One, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2011

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments. Rest assured we will address them. could you be kind enough to contact me on 01517069800 many thanks Kind regards, Amine El guaddar Assistant General Manager

Reviewed December 10, 2011

Easy parking, easy walking distance to most of the attractions in Liverpool. Albert Dock is just across the road and all the beauty of this area so close. Bus stops, shops and museums all around for access to Beatlemania and everything else Liverpool has to offer. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011

I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Kind regards, Amine El guaddar Assistant General Manager

A TripAdvisor Member
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2011

It was basically my only choice when I decided to spend the weekend in Liverpool to visit some friends. The city was packed that weekend, and I paid more than the average to stay for just one night without breakfast. The room size was okay, the toilet was clean but we found an impressive amount of hair under the bed sheets. But the thing that impressed me most is another: when we checked out, we asked if we could leave our bags in the luggage room. One of the receptionists said "Yes!" and led us to the luggage room or providing us with a luggage tag... She made us put our bag in there , she shut the door. Basically, anyone could have gone to the desk and asked to have back a random luggage that wasn't theirs. When we told that to the receptionist, she said "Sorry, but I will put the number of your room on your bag soon. Now I'm too busy, I have to go back to the desk." My face was like :| and asked my luggage back. I don't recommend this place.The price was way too high for the service received.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for your comments. We appreciate all feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay. I’ll look into the points your raised personally, and in the meantime, I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis Hotel in Liverpool very soon. Kind regards, Amine EL guaddar Assistant General Manager

Reviewed December 2, 2011

like most of the accor ibis group this is 'no frills' but clean and comfortable. The desk staff were efficient and pleasant, however, the morning staff had no local knowledge at all and had never heard of the mersey ferry despite its proximity! Why can't accor recruit local people who have an interest in their city?

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments. Rest assured we will address them. Kind regards, Amine El guaddar Assistnat General Manager

Reviewed November 30, 2011

This hotel was a little gem. Minutes walk from the Albert Docks, Echo Arena and the Liver Buildings. Also within easy walking distance of Liverpool One shopping. We had booked a show at the Liverpool Empire and quite easily walked from the hotel. The hotel itself was modern, clean with friendly staff. They have a small bar area which was adequate. The rooms were quite large very clean and modern with a really good power shower. The bed was comfortable, We had a good nights sleep. No noise at all and the blinds at the windows were very well fitted. There is also a not too badly sized car par onsite which was a bargain as it was £3 to hotel guests for 24 hours.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Ibis hotel in Liverpool. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans. Kind regards, Amine El Guaddar Assistant General Manager

A TripAdvisor Member
scaroough
Reviewed November 8, 2011

stayed at this hotel on the 4th of november. staff very friendly. quick booking in. restaurant was clean but needs updating. needs comfier seats and better lighting. food good. good car parking, convenient location, close to albert docks, liver building, 5 minute walk into city centre.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments. Rest assured we will address them. Kind regards, Amine el Guaddar Assistant general Manager