All reviews catholic cathedral groupon deal city centre ground floor would stay again nice breakfast buffet style secure parking pleasant stay hope street tea and coffee making facilities short stay staff were lovely lovely room full english bars and restaurants excellent value for money
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Room was not as described as discovered. Mould on tiles and ceiling in the smallest bathroom ever. Two single beds pushed together to make a double a foot from the wall on one side. Room at the rear so you hear all the deliveries, bottles being emptied into the skip late at night, fire alarm going off in the morn no check if or explanation. When checking out no question on my stay was. If you are allocated room 123 refuse if two of you before even entering. I knew hotel was full so no point asking for a move. Will not be going back.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paul9107
Sara S, Manager at Hallmark Inn Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Paul9107,

Thank you for your feedback and comments via TripAdvisor.

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us here at the The Hallmark Inn Liverpool. Here at our hotel, guest satisfaction is our top priority and I am disappointed that we did not achieve this during your stay.

As a grade two listed building we are not purpose built and therefore our rooms vary in shape and size, however the hotel is in fact looking at £250K refurbishment later this year.

I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future, and not let these issues impact your view of us as a brand.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here with family as we were leaving my brother to university. The hotel seems to be in the middle of modernising as my room seemed quite recently done up whilst my parents room was a bit dated but rooms were comfortable with everything that you needed. Breakfast was great and coffees from machine were amazing! We opted not to have our room cleaned and received vouchers for a free drink! Location was great and close to the center, would definitely stay again!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Sara S, Manager at Hallmark Inn Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear charlenemcgrillen,

Thank you for your kind feedback and comments via TripAdvisor.

I am very glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us here at the Hallmark Inn Liverpool. Here at our hotel, guest satisfaction is our top priority and I am delighted we could achieve this during your stay.

Please be assured all your kind feedback will be passed on to the relevant departments.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

first class hotel i was leaving my daughter off a Liverpool John Moores University which is very close by yet alsi only a few minutes walk to the city centre. lovely clean rooms and great breakfast would recommend this hotel and will definately stay again

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family

Dear Janet M,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were visiting our Grandson at University in Liverpool. The hotel was comfortable and the breakfast was excellent. All the staff were pleasant and helpful. The hotel doesn't do evening meals but as we were taking our Grandson out it didn't matter. There is a private car park available for £10 per night.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Sara S, Manager at Hallmark Inn Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear John C,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Booked to stay for two nights but checked out after one, as mentioned previously the rooms are tiny, it was the most uncomfortable bed we've ever come across and it was shoved against the wall so my other half had to climb out to go to the toilet in the tiny dirty bathroom! Very noisy as the walls are paper thin.
Breakfast was a shambles, tiny selection and neither me or my partner could have a drink as there were no glasses even though we asked four times.
Reception questioned why we were checking out early so we told him about our crap stay to which he said "that's fine" and let us leave, as we had already paid for the stay through virgin experience days we were made to feel as if our stay really didn't matter as you've already got our money, it's the worst hotel we've ever stayed in and will never be staying at a hallmark hotel again! I'm not interested in the future 250k refurbishment as our stay has been and gone and was awful, don't waste your money.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Zoe H

Dear Zoe,

Thank you for your feedback and comments via TripAdvisor.

Our rooms do vary in shape and size and if you had reported that you were unhappy upon check-in we would have been more than happy to move you to a larger room. My colleague offered you the option to move to a different room today but you declined.

I will pass on your complaints regarding breakfast to our Food & Beverage manager, however Saturday mornings are our busiest time so there is occasionally a wait for a table.

Once again I apologise that your stay did not meet your expectations, we hope you will return in the future and give us a chance to restore your faith in us.

Kind Regards,