“Nice and friendly at Aachen”
Review of Aachen Hotel

Aachen Hotel
Ranked #52 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed April 2, 2008

Two adults and two children age 9 and 11 had a very good stay for 5 days at Aachen Hotel. The first floor family en suite room with an extra bed was very suitable for us. Excellent breakfast, both continental and English and additional food that is rarely offered in other smaller hotels. Good and friendly service from staff. Cleaning was good. Aachen is situated close to the city centre, only minutes to walk to shopping area, train stations and the cathedrals.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed April 1, 2008

We ended up at the Aachen Hotel only because I couldnt find a place that would book three people to a room (i.,e. Premier Inns) and I am VERY glad we did. We absolutely loved the charm of this place. True there is no elevator, yes it is more of a B&B than a hotel and yes the bathroom was small........but I have absolutely no complaints about any of it. The hosts were friendly & helpful. I thought the decor was charming and the place was more than just clean. We had a full breakfast the next morning - and being used to American "breakfast included"...which is usually coffee, pastry or a bagel....this was great. It was a few minute walk from the Lime Street Station and walkable to most of the things we wanted to do. If I ever have the treat of getting back to Liverpool I wont look to book anywhere else.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2008

In some ways I might be seen as an awkward customer, because I am a vegan. However when the hotel were told, they contacted me to find out exactly what my requirements were; and when I arrived I found that they had purchased a number of vegan products - soya milk, margarine, rashers, chocolate dessert, yoghurt, cheese - which is the best selection I have ever come across at a non-vegetarian establishment. The staff were friendly and willing to have a joke with you, so overall I was really pleased.

There was also wireless internet that was easy to connect to, enabling me to do a bit of work as well. With it being so close to the venue I was visiting every day, the Aachen was ideal.

Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2008

I booked this hotel based upon 2 things. 1 I needed a hotel close to LIPA and 2 the reviews on this site. I have just spent one night at the hotel and the only thing I can say is that I am glad it was only one. I agree that the hotel is very clean. But that is about it. In reality this is not really a hotel but a B&B. The public areas, with the exception of the reception/bar area are very tired. I felt like I was in an episode of life on Mars, the decor is definitely straight from the 70s. I had a room on the top floor, to which there is no lift, the room itself was quite small, but the en suite was laughable. It was so small that if you went in forwards you had to back out. The shower was less than inviting, the washbasin was so small as to be next to useless, the loo didn't flush properly and the shaver point didn't work. After a poor nights sleep on an unbelievably hard bed I was looking forward to the wonderful breakfast talked about in the previous reviews. How disappointed I was, I was served coffee that was so strong and bitter it was undrinkable at a table that was set like a Blackpool guest house( I had never seen ketchup and brown sauce in vinegar bottles before). The service was akin to Fawlty towers and the food was dire. I left my meal, checked out and headed for a local greasy spoon where I Had a far superior full English for
£3. Would I return, never, was it worth £65 a night? I don't think so. My advice would be to spend an extra £20-£30 and book a real hotel

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank the jazz
Reviewed March 18, 2008

The Aachen hotel was located within 5 min walk from the Lime St train station. Easily accessible even with luggage.
The receptionist immediately recognized and called me by name when I walked in. Helped me with my luggage to my room.
Spacious, tastefully decoreated rooms. Wireless internet that worked. Outstanding cook-to-order breakfast; even remembered what I had the day before.
Excellent value for your money. Will return.
David Wong
Toronto

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed January 22, 2008

The Aachen was a nice hotel. They were very accomodating as we arrived early and they let us check in.The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were clean.They did our laundry for us for a very reasonable sum which was so helpful as we had been travelling for 3 weeks and had had difficulty finding laundry facilities. The location was okay. We were able to walk to the docks and from the train station but it was a fair distance.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank family5Toronto
Reviewed October 6, 2007

I have friends who live in the Liverpool.
He has small house so gives us stay in this hotel. I go with my Wife. We love the friendliness of people of city of Liverpool and same in hotel.
Rooms are small but have evrything i need for good stay.
When i come back next year i will stay in same hotel again.
Not so good for Beatles festival this time but my friends told me it will be very good again next year like other years.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple