“Good Hotel”

The Dolby Hotel Liverpool
Ranked #39 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Came to Liverpool via train,11th-15th Oct and only had a 10min journey to the hotel...the reception was very pleasant and was greeted in a friendly manner from the manager and deputy manager, we were given our key and told where our room was. They also gave us a code so we could use the wifi which I thought was very good.
We were slightly disappointed at how small the room was and especially the toilet/shower room, also there where no wardrobe or drawers to put clothes in only 1 peg next to the window with 4 hangers on it....There was a kettle, hairdryer, and t.v..
The room was very clean, as was the bedding and towel...the towels where changed everyday if that is what you wanted...couldn't fault the cleanliness...
We had booked to have breakfast and wasn't disappointed, we had a full English and was told we could help ourselves to the continental, staff where very helpful, friendly and nothing wasn't too much trouble..
The food was very hot and very well presented.
There was a KFC and McDonalds opp the hotel to your right.
Excellent location only being 5-10mins from the Echo Centre and Albert Dock...15mins by foot to Liverpool;s cathedral.
Do use local taxi's and not black cabs....local taxi's are cheaper...just ask at the reception.

Would visit and use again...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Wishy_8

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed at Dolby hotel for five days (October 10th to October 15th, 2013). It was my second time in Liverpool but it was my first time staying at Dolby Hotel. My experience at Dolby Hotel was excellent. I mean the quality of service was excellent as people were very thoughtful and efficient whenever a request was done. The quality of the food was very good and cheap comparing to other places that I visited in Liverpool.
On the other note, the sight is very beautiful both from the room and from the lounge as there are beautiful lights on the horizon at the back of the hotel during the night. During the day there is beautiful lake.
Finally, I am a quite person and really like a quite hotel and I could experience this at Dolby Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Adelino S
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Me and my family stay here every year at Christmas time. Never had any problems not too far to walk there's a McDonald's across the road which the kids love as we let them have a midnight snack treat. The men love the casino next door have recommended to many

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Adamjj55
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I'm writing this review based on the fact that I knew the hotel only had 2 stars when I booked it, but it was lastminute and we did only intend on sleeping in it. The room was small, but adequate with a comfortable bed. The bathroom was tiny, and to be honest I waited till i got home to shower as it was only a one night stay and I had showered before I arrived-neither of us liked the look of the shower, although it wasn't dirty.

Breakfast was reall nice as was the room that it was served in.

Free parking in LiverpooL City Centre is also a massive plus.

Would I stay again? Maybe if it was just for one night and I wasn't spending much time in the room, but you have to appreciate you only get what you pay for.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Stay here for 1night we surprised how clean the hotel from reception to room..guy from bar last night is really nice and even the two receptionist......................nice hotel very recomended...............only 1 thing we dont like shower and toilet is to small

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank ragaile19
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have stayed at the Dolby twice now,once in November 2012 to watch a concert at the Echo Arena, and again a couple of weeks ago in September 2013.
This place is a real gem, fantastic location next to Albert Dock and only 10 mins on foot to the City Centre. The real quality of this hotel though lies in its staff. Everyone is so friendly and helpful, and nothing is too much trouble. They really look after you and being a single female traveller this made me feel safe and secure in the knowledge that I was looked after at this hotel.
Hotel and rooms are spotless and the breakfasts are out of this world. If you are looking for a base to explore the City at a decent price, look no further.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Dolby once again from the 27/9/13 until the 30/9/13. Gavin and his staff made us most welcome. We brought 2 new friends with us this time and they were very impressed with the Dolby and the helpfulness of every one who works there. They can't wait to go back. Great value for a great stay. Must try the breakfasts. Well done Gavin and his staff. See you all soon.

• Stayed: September 2013