“Does what it says on the tin!”

The Dolby Hotel Liverpool
Ranked #42 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
“Does what it says on the tin!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Great value hotel, friendly, welcoming staff, plenty of parking, good food in the restaurant and excellent location - what more do you need? Stayed for one night en route to the Isle of Man for the Classic TT. So convenient for ferry terminal and would definitely use again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Nigel J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the dolby hotel, I stayed there with my friend for 2 nights and she really enjoyed it to, it was close to the town center and all other ammeneties such as restraunts, the cinema and night clubs&more I would deffinetly return for anthoer stay in the hotel in the future

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank kirstyrobinson
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in there for one night to do some shopping.as i have stayed in liverpool on numerous occasions i did find it a bit out of the way as im usually right in the heart of the city.rooms ok but bathroom made me clostaphbic(way to small)!double glazingwindows did not prevent traffic noise and as on 1st floor could here everything as a couple of girls were smoking outside(front not rear of hotel)..value was good for what we had but im glad it was only for 1 night stay..had a look at menu which the prices were really decent...as i said i suppose you get what you pay for with this hotel but would not recomend to someone with no transport and walking difficulties

• Stayed August 2013
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

My mother booked a family trip to Liverpool staying in the Dolby hotel for my father's 50th birthday. myself and my 2 children (6&3) my sister and her partner and my brother and his partner stayed 2 nights and my parents are staying an extra week for the international beatleweek.

Before our trip we rang the hotel a couple of times and found the staff very helpful, my youngest daughter is autistic so I had a lot to organise to try and prepare her for our trip as she has little understanding and can become distressed in unfamiliar surroundings. we were able to book the disabled room for the 3 of us, which wasn't a problem, as my daughter is terrified of showers and a room with a bunk bed would be too dangerous for us as my daughter has no understanding of danger. we also asked for the kettle to be taken out of the room and again this was not a problem.

I had also rang to ask which foods were available for the breakfast buffet so that I could make pictures for my daughter to prepare her for our trip, and again the staff were extremely helpful.

on arrival we checked into our rooms and I was very impressed with the room as a whole, it was very clean and comfortable and we had a lovely view which my girls loved.

breakfast was lovely and there was a lot of choice, my youngest daughter was able to sit in a highchair and they both enjoyed eating their breakfast whilst watching the ducks.

my daughters ate their dinner here on both nights and on the second night our whole party ate here to celebrate my father's birthday and we all really enjoyed our meal.

the hotel is situated in a great location and we were able to walk to many different places and we had a truly wonderful trip. this was my first trip to Liverpool and I would definitely stay here again in the future and recommend. thank you Dolby hotel for providing such a fantastic service for my family, we had a wonderful stay :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

We booked for 7 nights but only stayed 3, as my son became sick and we decided to return home. Paid in full but then had a telephone call from Katy the manager who kindly refunded the nights we did'nt get to stay. Very pleased by this and would highly recommend this hotel for convenient location. Also car parking was secure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank paula c
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

stayed at the hotel for 2 nights , room only, staff were freindly and helpful, hotel clean with a cheap bar and our room was nice apart from the shower room that looked like it had been taken from a caravan, it was a short walk to city centre and albert dock

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ambrymann
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

We booked for 3 nights, then stayed extra one. Location very good, few minutes walk to Albert Dock and Ferry. Room compact, comfortable and very clean, with very comfortable clean bed.
Beautiful river view from dining room as well as some bedrooms. Friendly, efficient staff, excellent food, very relaxed atmosphere. Amazingly low price for quality and location. Hope to return soon, and highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: First floor room with river view.....wonderful!