“Excellent - Great food, great staff!”
Review of Park Hotel

Park Hotel
Ranked #57 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This was my second visit to Liverpool, having previously stayed in a city centre hotel. I definitely know where to stay from now on! From check-in to check-out the staff couldn't do enough to help us and were second to none. All were friendly and helpful and made a big effort with my 5 year old daughter too!

The room had everything in it that we needed for our stay, they even set up an extra bed in the room for my daughter. We ate in the bar in the evening and the food was lovely, it was obviously freshly cooked and the burgers are home made and a must!

Breakfast the next morning was again lovely, we could help ourselves to lots of cereals, fresh fruits, yoghurts etc and then a waitress came and took our order for our cooked breakfast. This came piping hot with plenty of toast, tea and coffee.

I would definitely stay at The Park Hotel again, much cheaper than city centre hotels but only 15 mins away in a taxi, costing approx £10.00 well worth it! Especially for that extra bit of friendliness and care from the staff.

We are coming back to Liverpool in September and have already booked our stay here!

See you again soon!

V. Smith - 07.07.12 - Room 101

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank v s
There are newer reviews for Park Hotel

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I booked this hotel for two nights recently because it was near the venue I needed to visit. I knew that it was on a main dual carriageway into Liverpool so I was not surprised that it was a little noisy - with the window closed, anyway, most of the traffic noise was eliminated.
The room was satisfactory - small, but clean and quite well equipped, but the television was rather old and only a small number of channels could be accessed - not the full Freeview range, as advertised.. Unfortunately, the bed was uncomfortable and the pillows were cheap.
There has obviously been money spent on updating the bathrooms, and mine was clean and pleasantly decorated.
Outside the room and on the stairs, more investment is needed. The stair carpet is worn through and the Reception area looks tired and dated. The Smoking area outside was not cleared of cigarette ends during the time I stayed at the Hotel.
The food menu is quite limited - apart from salad and peas there were no vegetables to be had, though the meal I had - fish, chips and peas - was acceptable.
The breakfast menu is good in that there is fresh fruit available, but the range is limited, the ubiquitous Variety Packs are in evidence and the prunes I had tasted as though they were leather-coated. The cooked options, too,are limited to three ( A - Full English, B Salmon, C Light Breakfast) - though I think you can vary the options slightly. Strangely, option B includes bacon, mushroom and tomatoes impaled on a skewer - and not a very new looking skewer at that! The breakfast experience is not enhanced by the Wedding Reception style music playing much too loudly. It was the same CD during the two mornings I was there - I quite like Jennifer Rush singing The Power of Love and At Last (my love has come along) is a classic, but not at 8 o'clock in the morning!
One real plus is the staff, by and large. The bar staff were attentive, the young Receptionists were polite and friendly. A little more job-specific training would benefit the breakfast staff - shouting across the dining room to a colleague, 'What's that sauce that goes with the salmon?' in answer to a guest's question does not improve the ambiance, I'm not sure that all guests like to be addressed as 'love' and it is much more customer-friendly to let guests sit where they like and to say 'Good morning,' before asking , 'What are yer 'avin, love..?
Before I opted to stay here again I would check out the nearby competition.

Room Tip: Ask for an even numbered room - odd number rooms are noisier as they overlook the road.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kathryn T
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed at this hotel as part of a family wedding.
Whilst the wedding function was on the whole was well organised and executed by hard working staff, there's not a lot else good to say about the Park Hotel.

The room (202) was basic and in dire need of refurbishment. I suspect all the other rooms were the same. The bed was on castors, and was that lightweight it moved every time you brushed against it! The bedding and mattress was the cheapest on the market, which is where I suspect it was purchased!

The noise from the function room was very intrusive, we can only thank our lucky stars we weren't on the first floor. It also seems to be a favourite haunt for stag and hen nights, with all the accompanying delights of loud yobs at 3am, drunken arguments and vomit. I genuinely felt sorry for the poor housekeepers.

Breakfast was adequate, but staff need some training in hygiene practices, balancing full toast racks against cardigans whilst they fumble about is not a good sign. Even more of a turn off is the KP wandering through the dining room with a filthy tea towel thrown across his shoulder.... nice.

At £70 a night this hotel, in my opinion, is vastly over priced.

We will not be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I've just deleted my lengthy review as, after reading it, I was worried it might be considered libellous! Suffice it to say that I would never stop there again. The adjectives old, stained and scruffy probably describe it best! Serious modernisation is required.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I had to stay near Liverpool for one night (Saturday Night) so found this on Late Rooms for £40 for a double with no breakfast (Which is cheap for Livepool on a Saturday Night when hotels normally double or triple their prices up for weekend visitors). I arrived fairly late to find there were several parties going on and a coach had parked sideways taking up several of the car parking spaces. Check in was quick but for some reason they placed me in a room on the 3rd floor right above the hotel entrance. It seems quite a few people at the parties were not staying at the hotel and I got woken up at several points in the early hours of the morning by noisy guests shouting at each other outside - the windows did not restrict the noise of this or early morning traffic. Perhaps it would help to place a sign asking visitors to be quiet on their way out and to place guests who are going to the parties in these rooms above the entrance, as they would be less likely to be disturbed - and to place those wanting sleep in rooms away from the parties and hotel entrance. The hotel and room was fairly old fashioned and run down with an old CRT TV with some piped TV channels - most of which did not match what the channel was suppose to be, but the room was clean and the bathroom was more modern (guess the bathroom got refurbed at some point) with a working air ventilator. The only other problem was the bed. I've stayed at many hotels and slept in many beds but this is the most uncomfortable mattress I have ever slept on and obviously worn out and needed replacing. You could almost feel the springs in the mattress coming through the sheets, yet if you lied on the bed the wrong way round, you could not feel springs. Either a lot of fat people have been sleeping in that bed, or it has seen alot of action! After a restless night on a uncomfortable springy mattress and noisy people, I had a nice hot shower. Check out was quick. Although this hotel is only 5 miles from the city and there are dual carriageways it is 30MPH all the way with lots of traffic lights, so it took me around 25-30 mins to drive to the city from here on a Sunday. Only real pros were it was cheap and had free parking, and was also near a retail park called Switch Island which had a subway. The worst shock came when I checked my credit card statement and found they had charged me for the room twice - once on Saturday and once on Sunday. I don't know if they were trying to pull one or it was a genuine mistake, but I would urge anyone staying here to check your credit card for repeat transactions. I phoned this morning regarding this and they did seem helpful, and phoned me back late this evening to say one of the charges has been refunded, but this should never have happened and has put me off staying here again - even if it is the cheapest hotel available.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel and away from the hotel entrance and parties.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank UK-Starship
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Booked in to stay at the Park in order to stay close to Aintree racecouse. It was ladies day at Aintree, had a great time there. Needed to wake up moderately early in the morning so went to bed at 11pm. We were on the second floor and party was on downstairs. The room was literally vibrating and hotel refused to do anything about the music. We ended up leaving and going home early as we could no longer bear to stay in the room.

Avoid this hotel unless you are happy to go to sleep after midnight.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel if you need an early night's sleep. Any central room up until at least the seco...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alex M
Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

Overall the hotel looks really tired, even the walls and carpets in the lobby area were shabby and not very clean.
The room was small, and not very clean, stains on bedding, hair in sink. Very poor.
Asked to be moved, next room was slightly better, but stank of smoke and was still not brilliantly clean.
Phone in room didn't work, shower was broken, just a total nightmare.
Checked out by a rude, disinterested member of staff.
Never again!!