Devonshire House Hotel
  • Room Service
The Liner Hotel(Liverpool)
Green Park Hotel(Liverpool)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsedge lanemarquee suitecity centrebit datedfull englishexcellent value for moneyyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I stayed here for two nights last week and i have to say i felt a bit of trepidation before arriving as I had read some of the comments on trip adviser.

I booked here based on my budget and the fact it was quite near where I needed to be and parking was free a rare commodity these days.

Up on arrival the gardens where beautiful and well kept the reception staff were pleasant and helpful i was given my room 102 i think it was

The room was really nice and clean basic but nice had one drink in the bar it was also nice
My bed was comfortable warm and i slept well

At breakfast the staff were attentive food was lovely not at all what i expected from the reviews this hotel has had
I would stay here again

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
MH1974, Manager at Devonshire House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Mark W

Thank you for your kind comments it always a pleasure when our guest take the time to write such positive comments about the hotel and staff.

The staff are equally pleased to read such positive comments. We are really happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you will return soon

Once again I would like to take this opportunity to say many thanks for taking time out, to make us aware how pleased you were with your experience here.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

This hotel could do with a good overall the window in our room was chained at the top to hold it in also the taps in the bathroom came off in your hand the shower didn't work all the water came out on the floor so we were on our hands and knees mopping the water up.It was a large room on the front we were given it needed a lot of TLC. The breakfast on the first morning was stone cold also the toast was cold we complained and was told the lights had not been lit under the dishes.This Hotel was to far out of the city buses runs ever half hour quite a walk to the bus stop wont be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank chiinamay

Dear Chiinamay

Thank you for your comments on trip advisor though disappointing to read, I have asked the housekeeper and head chef to investigate on your comments you left on trip advisor.

The bus stop is 100 yards from the hotel and the distance to the city centre is only one and a half miles away.

As always it disappoints me when our guest don’t make us aware of any issues they may have while they are with us. We do our upmost to resolve problems that can happen from time to time.

I do hope you take the decision to come and stay with us again as I am sure we could change your mind set about us.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I booked this on Booking.com and when I arrived the first thing was that the outside appearance was far shabbier than the photographs. The first room we were shown was nothing short of shocking. It was horrible. Bare,dirty marks on the walls, dingy furniture, no curtains, and an overall appearance of being grubby and in need of a good cleaning. We were then offered an upgraded room! The upgraded room had no bed head,grubby sticky furniture and toilet roll stuffed into the window frame to keep out the draughts and rain. This was supposed to be a 3 star hotel! One star would be one to many. I have stayed in hostels and albergues that were far superior. This is a disgrace.

Room Tip: Book into a different hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
MH1974, Manager at Devonshire House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Colin B

Many thanks for your comments on trip advisor it always helps to get feedback. I am really sadden you did not make us aware you were not happy during your stay, I am sure we could have made you stay much more pleasurable.

I have asked our heads of department to investigate your comments and put measures in place to ensure this does not happen again.

I am more than happy to discuss your experience at the Devonshire Hotel please call me at your convenience

Please accept our sincere apologies, for not managing your expectations on this occasion.

John brown

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

We arrived in a wet & windy night to find the reception area pleasant but freezing cold. The chap behind reception was polite & friendly.
We had a double room on the first floor. It reminded me of a DSS hostel. Polystyrene suspended ceiling just like a 70"a government building. No curtains at the windows, just a blackout blind which left the room feeling more like a prison cell.
The furniture was old fashioned pine and was incredibly tatty. The headboard was made of fabric but looked greasy & dirty.
The bathroom looked like it had recently been refurbished............by a small child. It had the potential to be lovely but the tap was dripping and when we tried to turn it off the whole tap twisted round. The toilet roll holder was broken. The shaving light did not work along with two bulbs also missing in the bathroom.
After about 15 minutes in the room we decided that we couldn't stay there and chose to book in elsewhere in the city centre. In fairness we did not complain largely due to the fact that the problems could not possibly have been rectified.

The outside of the hotel is very smart as are the gardens. This hotel is in need of a complete refurb.

Stay at the Travelodge in town, modern, better value and most of all, clean.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Lucylasitc

Many Thanks for your comments though disappointing to read, you did arrive at the hotel on what can only be said as the coldest wettest and windiest day of the year in Liverpool.

The weather did create lots of problems for us that evening I am really sorry you felt the need to leave us with mentioning your dissatisfaction and any of the issues u had.

I would also like to point out we have embarked on a soft refurbishment program in the hotel as it is our intention to bring all of our rooms up to the same standard.

Please accept our apologises for any inconvenience you felt you had received.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stayed here in early February on a short stay to Liverpool.the reception hall was cold and uninviting as was the bar when I found it,there wasn't even any drinks on show on the gantry.
The room we were put in was right up at the top and was clean and tidy but needed a bit of TCL.
The food was not what I expected,we could have got a better menu in a cafe in the city.
The staff at breakfast time were very helpful.
When we do go back to Liverpool we will want to stay longer but unfortunately it will not be at the Devonshire House.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Andy1952
Thank you for your comments about your experience when you stayed with us.

As you can appreciate we have been experiencing some very extreme weather conditions in the UK and Liverpool as not been without its problems.

Keeping our reception area warm and inviting can prove to be difficult in the winter months. But we are working on it and apologies if this affected you.

Our bar area is signposted and I will look at that issue to avoid our guest getting confused when looking for our bar area.

We endeavour to please all of our guest who dine with us, are restaurant menu is extensive well balanced and I am sorry you felt it not suitable.

We do encourage our guest to comment on our business as we are always striving for perfection.