Sefton Park Hotel
$93
$72
Hotels.com
  • Fitness center
The Nadler Liverpool(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
$52
Staybridge.com
Aloft Liverpool(Liverpool)
$77
  • Restaurant
Heywood House Hotel(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
$67
$47
Agoda.com
All reviewsstuart sutcliffehotel restaurantbeautiful buildingcity centrestaff were lovelywould highly recommend this hotelfull englishstayed here for one nightchristeningbeatles
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had at two night stay on a KGB Deal! September 2012. It was clear from the start that we were classed as a second class citizens because we were on the KGB Deal. We were given room 8 which was of very poor quality, the carpet was very dirty and the room smelt of drains, there was only one bedside lamp and that flickered (I discovered that the bulb was loose and I had to tighten the bulb and shade) there was no headboard on the bed and the quilt was all ripped. The shower made a terrible noise when switched on and the shower head was filthy goodness on,y knows what germs it was harbouring. The food in the so called Italian restaurant wasn't very good either, as part of the deal with KGB was an evening meal on the first evening, we were given the early bird menu (9.95 for two courses) which was only supposed to be available until 6.45pm we dined at 8.30pm!! The total value of this deal was supposed to be £284. I wouldn't like to think that is what I was paying for this stay the only saving grace was that we were given fresh towels on each day we were there! I would not recommend any one to stay at this hotel especially if you were paying the full price. Finally I would also add that some of the staff weren't very friendly either the nicest person working there was the young barman he was so helpful and very friendly. My husband expected the hotel inspector Alex Polizzi to walk in at any moment! it could certainly do with her paying a visit.

Room Tip: I certainly would not recommend room 8!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gill P
SeftonParkHotel, General Manager at Sefton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Gill P,

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay. Please rest assured that the issues which you raised in your review have long since been resolved. We have and are continuing to invest in improving our accommodation product on an ongoing basis.

I was however a little surprised to read that you found our staff to be unfriendly, as we pride ourselves on offering a warm welcome and the highest levels of customer service at all times. Perhaps you will re-consider and choose to stay with us again when you next visit Liverpool so that you can experience the many improvements which we have made to our offering since 2012.

Kindest regards

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We found the hotel staff to be very kind, friendly and helpful. As it was our first time in Liverpool we planned to do lots of sightseeing, however we found ourselves spending hours in the beautiful Sefton Park which is literally across the road from The Blenheim.

There are parking restrictions in the local area, fortunately The Blenheim has a private car park and even upon checking out, the hotel allowed us the use of their car park for several more hours.

When we return to Liverpool we will most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
CEO_RoscoeCollection, Manager at Sefton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Hello CherryTeaThor,

Thank you for your recent review of the Blenheim Lakeside, I was delighted to hear your kind comments. One of our many benefits is our complimentary on site car parking. There is also free car parking available opposite the hotel. I have shared your kind comments with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Blenheim Lakeside on your next visit to Liverpool.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We held our wedding here and it was the best venue and the staff you could ever wish for. When we booked our wedding over a year and a half ago the staff were really helpful saying they were very easy going venue and we can have our day any way that we want and this is exactly what we got. I have dealt with Laura this whole time and she is the best party planner ever, she never moaned about all the emails I sent her and she replied straight away whenever I did. She always helped me to make choices and if I wanted to make little changes she always accomadated them. The 2012 wedding package is great value for money and means you get to spend more money on all the small details more, they are doing the same deal for next year so I definelty reccomend if your thinking of getting married next year. The days leading up to the wedding were very stress free as I only had to take all my items to give to Laura and she said she would sort everything out so I didn't get stressed out at all. I didn't even need to phone on the morning of the wedding as I knew Laura would have it all in hand. When we arrived at the venue it looked stunning as Laura had made sure our venue dresser had made it look lovely. The wedding breakfast meal was gorgeous definelty a 10 out of 10 and the staff were helpful and friendly. After the meal we went to our room which was lovely and had big windows so there was lots of light, everything was clean . I had family and friends staying also and they found there rooms lovely too. Also my brother had booked a double room and then on checking in as he was on his own the lovely lady at reception only charged him for a single room so that was very nice. When we went back to the party for the evening the room and marquee had been set up nicely and we had room for a chocolate fountain that they had moved tables for. The drinks were good value and everyone had plenty of them. The dj was a very nice man and he played a lot of different music which was very good and plenty of people was up dancing. The buffet was also very tasty especially the chicken curry my only little thing was that there was plenty of sandwiches left and I didn't notice but they didn't leave them out long enough I would of liked them leaving there as some guests were a bit more peckish later on. At the end guests could go upstairs to the lounge bar to continue drinking if they wanted which is a good idea. We were ready to go to bed as it had been a long day and night. The next morning we went for breakfast and it was lovely an there was plenty of juices and tea and coffee to have. I would also like to thank Megan as she had been helpful during the wedding day and night and she was there the next morning at breakfast, she must of been so tired. She is so friendly and a real asset to the hotel. She also helped us when we had problems with our wedding cake. So I would definelty reccomend having your wedding day here and we would like to go and try the Italian restaurant at some time soon as the menu looks lovely. Thank you so much Blenheim hotel for making our day so special and stress free and another thank you to LAURA she is the most loveliest person ever and made our wedding x

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Hello Hayley,

Thank you for your recent review of The Blenheim Lakeside. We are truly delighted that you enjoyed your wedding so much, it was a pleasure and a privilege to share it with you. I have passed your very kind comments onto Laura and the team. We would like to wish you both every happiness in your life together and look forward to seeing you both again soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed here with some friends going to a Liverpool-match. Liked the place and the area. Rooms were clean and service good. Better than many other 3-stars I have stayed in. It was nice for once staying in a place with character - not like all these modern shoe-box hotels. Breakfast was good and plentiful. Liked the bar - a very friendly atomosphere and the restaurant. I normally never eat in hotel restaurant, but had a nice italian meal here. The wine prices were very reasonable and the selection good. I will be back to Blenheim Lakeside next time my favorite team plays Liverpool.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Skygirl81,

Thank you for your recent review of The Blenheim Lakeside Hotel, I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our friendly warm welcome and Michelangelo's, our Italian restaurant always prove a hit with our guests and local's alike.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at the hotel on a KGB deal where we got two nights B&B plus dinner on the first night for £99.

The hotel was very busy with a large party of men staying for the nearby marching and they were very loud and drunk most of the time which did spoil our stay but that's not the hotels fault.

Our room was on the top floor (no lift) which was a little difficult for me being 7 months pregnant. The room was also very badly laid out with a bathroom which smelled of drains all the time. The hotel try's to mask the smell by using far to much air fresher.

The redeeming quality of the hotel was the breakfasts. They were fantastic however the waiting/reception staff weren't.

I would say this hotel is cheap and cheerful and I got what I paid for. It is clean and in easy reach of the city centre with no parking charges.

• Stayed: July 2012

Hello Loulabell_10,

Thank you for your review of The Blenheim Lakeside Hotel. I have noted your comments about your room, in particular the lighting and have had this issue addressed. Thank you for your comments about breakfast, we always aim to ensure that we provide a high standard of food, and have recently launched Michelangelo's Italian Restaurant at the hotel.

We have two ground floor rooms available and always encourage guests to request them, I am sorry that we were unable to accommodate you in one of them.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Liverpool.

Kindest Regards