“Excellent VFM!”

Ranked #55 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent VFM!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

Second stay here - would recommend it, particularly if you're going to the O2 Academy - it's right next door! And the price is unbeatable.

DON'T expect luxury, but this place is clean, and comfortable enough as a base to see Liverpool - about 2 mins from Lime Street station, and about 4 mins from coach station.

Can't comment on the breakfast, because I didn't have it; and there were "issues" with the hot water in my room on my most recent trip, but I'll forgive them - everything else suited me very well.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Bill M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
County Tyrone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

Stayed here for only one night. Location is brilliant, city centre- close to Lime St station and shopping centres. Staff are friendly and helpful. Rooms are very clean however slightly lacking in furniture- no desk, chair, wardrobe- however a massive tv! Breakfast was what it said on the tin. Overall a good stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Loui95
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Amazing location. So central to everything and get the train to lime street... It's right next door. The room was ok. A little shabby decor but massive tv! The bathroom was clean and the bed looked relatively clean but it was so uncomfortable. My back is still hurting now. They need to invest in some new mattresses and better pillows. Breakfast was extremely disappointing for the money I paid. I wanted eggs and bacon but alas I settled for toast with unspreadable butter!! The breakfast room was also strange. The low chairs were not fitting for me to eat breakfast. Too many people too few tables. Overall it was fine but if I came to Liverpool again I wouldn't stay here. Also I only stayed for one night. I wouldn't stay anymore than that!

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Lpa26
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

I was in town for to sing in a concert at the Philharmonic hall, and opted for an overnight stay to avoid a late night car journey. The Lord Nelson was suggested as a good value hotel near the train station (Lime Street) and I was impressed.

Pre checking in and dropping my bag off at the luggage room was easy. It meant that I could just pick up my room key and go into my room when I returned.

The room was clean and basic, but with a large ensuite bathroom with clean towels and toiletries. The bed was comfortable, with dark curtains and minimal street noise. There is a resident night porter, who will challenge non residents and maintain a quiet environment. I know because at about 3am on the Sunday morning one of the other guests was trying to persuade him that the young lady with him was his "neice". It was a great story to tell when I got home and I managed to get back to sleep again.

Breakfast was served in the bar area, and was continental buffet style.

All the staff I spoke to were friendly and helpful. A great budget hotel. Thanks for a good stay!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street can be noisy. Ask to be moved if this is a problem
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Amlwch, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Next door to the O2 and lime street station. I stayed on a Friday night to attend a gig, rooms are nice good sized tv clean staff very friendly, one young lady even lent me her iPhone charging cable. I didn't wait for breakfast but it looked nice, ideal for a city centre stay, car parking was close by at another hotel and was £6 - not unusual for a city centre hotel - would definitely stay again

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Blackpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

Stayed here for one night prior to holiday. The staff in reception, bar and at breakfast couldn't do enough for you. I stay away quite a bit and this comes highly recommended. Breakfast was straightforward and the rooms were comfortable. Its not a 5 star so dont expect platinum and settle for gold.

Room Tip: No lift to top floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

After the britannia adelphia hotel , I prenotation to lord nekson hotel, 2 stars, the checkin is 14 pm I arrived to 11 am and take my baggage but the room give me to 14,01 pm the first thing is the money , Please 279 gbp pay cash on the card?...after I payed give me the room key I go to roon and its very delusion no closet, no act drop for make telephon other obiect , there was no place for make my suit case only one little table, only tree clotes hook I stay seven night no possible reroll my suite case, the staff is very friendly , the breakfast is very good Tanks Monica, and thank staff reception for your friendly behaviour , I am honesty for rooms I give one stars one Saturday in the hotel there was a private party....dargerous for your tranquillity, the property thing only a business not a cure your customers

Room Tip: Look rooms and after payed
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank qualitystore59

Travelers are raving about these Liverpool hotels