“Excellent choice!”

Ranked #56 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Excellent choice!”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

It is in all respects a hotel even though the price would think of something else! Structure fairly modern, well-equipped rooms (huge TV, en suite bathroom), including breakfast, staff friendly and knowledgeable, location very close to Lime Street station, excellent choice!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ale R
Lord N, General Manager at The Lord Nelson Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback on our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

All at the Lord Nelson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2012

If you want to be pampered in five star luxury then look elsewhere. However if you want a clean warm comfortable hotel with friendly helpful staff right in the heart of the city on a budget then this is the place. We stayed 2 nights B&B for less than £70 per night terrific value. Would definately go again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jon W

All at the Lord Nelson
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed here a while ago now and won't recommend it to anyone. I had problems everyday of my stay at this hotel, from cold showers and no lighting to dirty linen and someone trying to enter my room through a window at night. It's close to lime street station and the staff were friendly and apologetic to me as we'll as helpful with directions, but I found it to be unenjoyable.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Russell E
Lord N, General Manager at The Lord Nelson Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are disappointed to find that you had problems during your stay and staff were unable to help with these problems. Generally most people don't encounter little problems, unfortunately yourself had several.
We do try very hard at the Lord Nelson to help with all issues and we take all your points on board.

Best Wishes.

All at The Lord Nelson Hotel

Travelers are raving about these Liverpool hotels

hampshire
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Have just returned from a 1 night stay at The Lord Nelson with my wife. The hotel is clean .The bar area is a good size. The staff are friendly and helpful . Our room was clean ,but a bit small. The bed was lumpy and my wife had a bad back in the morning. The toilet was wobbly and you could only get bbc1 and bbc2 on the t.v. The breakfast was o.k. continental type. Fine if you want a short break as it's central to everything , but it lacked something.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank madmike60
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Sorry that you encountered some problems during your stay. We have since discovered we had a technical fault with our aerial which affect several rooms with channels missing on TVs, we have since addressed this problem. We are looking into one or two beds in the hotel, however they were all brought brand new just 12 months ago. We do take your point seriously and will try and address any problems.
We hope these issues do not deter you from returning sometime soon.

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was really surprised by this hotel. Didn’t e xpect much because the rate was so low. Right near the train station, which was great since I was coming up from London. The public rooms were really, really nice and quite a lot of them too! My room was small, but for a single room, I had a double bed. Large flat screen TV on the wall too. Very clean. I only stayed one night, but I would love to go back to Liverpool and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank sushi3
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again sometime soon.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2012

i found the staff very happy friendly and very helpful the hotel very clean realy enjoyed my stay and the managers jokes were very funny location perferect for me breakfast nice overall been on my own i felt very safe and secure and looked after thank u to you all

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank dorothy d
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm glad you found my jokes funny. Hope to see you sometime soon.

Best Wishes
All at the Lord Nelson Hotel
Llandrillo, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I was going to a black tie charity dinner in Liverpool on a Thursday Night and went with my father in law. He suggested the Lord Nelson to me.... I know Liverpool quite well and had visions of a tired old hotel past its best. My father in law spent is wedding night here 50 years ago in 1962 and he was enthusiastic. I went along with it and when he told me it was £30 including breakfast I was a little anxious to say the least!
We got the train into Lime Street Station mid afternoon and you turn right after the ticket collector and exit at the side of the station and look to the right and it is 50 yards up the hill on the corner.
Parking is available opposite the hotel... I think it was £7.50 a day and the hotel has seven spaces at £5 a night, This hotels location is perfect if arriving by train.
The steps into the hotel are no real issue unless you are disabled... no ramp so wheelchairs would have problems also the lift is small.
So.... up the steps and into a bright and very tidy reception. I was greeted by smiling faces with character rather than youngsters reading off a check list. Both are good for me and they explained all I needed to know.
While my father in law told them about his wedding night (just the 50 year bit!) I had a look around the bar and the seating area that doubled into a breakfast lounge. Comfortable leather suites, tables, chairs and it was bright, clean and welcoming.
So off to our rooms... take the lift to avoid full length saloon type heavily sprung doors that are quite narrow and with bags not that easy to get through.
The room was compact but had all I needed, a good shower, clean bathroom, comfy bed and a one of the biggest flat screen TV's I have seen in a hotel room... all this for £30... wow.
We had a good night out and when we returned in the early hours we did not feel out of place in the lounge/bar area that was quite busy....the drinks at the bar are very well priced. Coffee and sandwiches are available 24/7.
Continental breakfast bar and a nice pot of tea set us up nicely for the 50 yard downhill walk to the station.
The rates go up a bit at the weekend but don't they all. I would certainly stay here again and i give it 4 stars mainly for its value and the fact it's a good little hotel that tries hard.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank John5389
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted that your were surprised and appreciate the work we have put in to the hotel.
Hope to see you again sometime soon.

All at the Lord Nelson Hotel