“Central and funky!!”

Ranked #13 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
United Kingdom
“Central and funky!!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very central. Easy walk to the Waterfront and all of what central Liverpool has to offer. Friendly service at the front desk and nothing ever seems to be a problem.
Rooms are great and clean. Wonderful strong shower and a tv that works.
The wifi is slow so this would be my only negative. Why hotels don't get decent fast wifi is always beyond me.
All round a really great little hotel in the heart of Liverpool.

• Stayed September 2013
GemmaKenny, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and found our reception team to be friendly. I appreciate your comments regarding our WiFi and I have made sure to bring this to the attention of our network provider. Our 24 hour reception team have constant contact with our provider so if you were to stay again please feel free to let them know of any concerns, and they will be able to help. We do all hope to see you again.
Kind Regards,
Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed here for my birthday last year as a surprise treat from my girlfriend!

The girl on reception was friendly and very helpful with regards to telling us about the hotel and things to do around the hotel.

Our room was fantastic. It was clean, roomy, and was very well decorated! It also had a complimentary mini bar! Who doesn't like a beer from a complimentary mini bar!! :-D

We had food in the Marco Pierre White restaurant, which is in the hotel, that night and the food was really wonderful!

I would recommend this hotel to everyone! If you stay here, you guaranteed a fantastic time!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so grateful for your kind words and am pleased you enjoyed your birthday stay with us. We all hope to welcome you back soon. Happy Belated Birthday!!
Hampshire, England
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I am very critical of hotels but this place is excellent - its the little things that make it such as:

1) Plug by bed to charge phone so no jumping out if bed in morning when alarm goes off and phone is plugged in across room like most hotels
2) night light in bath room so no need to burn your eyes middle of the night
3) Shower controls at opposite end of shower to the shower head so no cold shower when you turn it on
4) Heated mirror in bath room
5) Safe you can fit a laptop in

Will stay here whenever in Liverpool - reception staff are so friendly and helpfull

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time here. I would have to agree that it is the little things that really make a difference and I am so pleased to hear you will be staying in the future. We all look forward to your return.
Staffordshire, England
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Enjoyed this hotel previously & returned with family for another overnight stay which included a meal in Marco's restaurant. We all ordered steaks for our mains but I was slightly disappointed with mine as it was on the tough side and the meal for 4 I felt was slightly overpriced, as we paid an additional £120 which didn't include many drinks. However I have still rated 4 as I still enjoy the hotel and the staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for commenting on your stay with us. I am grateful for your kind words concerning our team and hotel. I have passed along your comments regarding your evening meal to our management team and I am confident that they will review procedures to ensure we are maintaining the high standards in which we boast.

Kindest Regards,
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

No hotel parking. The offer a voucher which gets a discounted rate at the parking garage a block up the street. This makes checking in with luggage a little difficult. The staff was helpful, knowledgeable about the city and courteous. Buffet breakfast was delicious.
Service in total was not up to standards. We could not get our tv to work, but this was not a huge problem since we did not spend much time in the room. After a day of sightseeing, we returned to find our room was not made up. The hotel is convenient to shopping, sightseeing and restaurants.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I am so sorry to hear that our high standards were not maintained throughout your stay. I have made sure to share your feedback with our management team. I truly feel that with the help of your comments we will be able to target specific areas of our hotel and ensure that we are delivering only the best standards and services. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as a birthday treat for the weekend . Nice hotel . Restaurant in the hotel is macro Pierre white . The decor is bright colours and strange wallpaper ( ours was of really large spools of cotton). Tea and coffee in room but only two whit sugars and 2 brown sugars. Snacks and drink free in fridge but only 1 packet of crisps 1 kitkat 1 can of coke in a double room. Sat morning was a large gathering of teenage girls round the hotel entrance as a punk band called undervamp staying there. Wouldn't be a problem if the hotel made sure the girls didn't block entrance in and out of hotel! Rooms clean but not spotless and splodges of paint on bathroom floor tiles ?
Shower was to die for could have stayed in it all day :)
A lit vanity mirror in bathroom and a speaker to listen to tv whilst showering. Nice place but wasn't worth the money

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our rainfall shower and our locally inspired décor. I am so sorry to hear that our high standards were not maintained throughout your stay. I have made sure to share your feedback with our management team. I am grateful for your candid comments as I truly feel it will allow us to target specific areas of our hotel and ensure that we are delivering only the best standards and services. We all hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Surrey, UK
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights in a clean and funky room. Hotel is high quality, boutique in style and has an exclusive feel and yet it is priced like a Travelodge which was baffling but good for the customer (if not the owners). Good location and friendly attentive staff. MPW steakhouse was a bonus and well worth a visit as the meat is v.tasty and atmosphere relaxed casual yet up market in feel. Overall the best hotel in Liverpool for those on business or just visiting the area and wanting special feel for bargain price. Well done to the management team. Not sure how you do it. Mini was free too ?! A gem.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lapoluxury
GemmaKenny, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am pleased you enjoyed your time here and took advantage of our Marco Pierre White Steakhouse. Our team works extremely hard to create value for money so I am thrilled to receive such encouraging comments! I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel Indigo Liverpool in the near future.