“Very Impressed”

Hotel Indigo Liverpool
Ranked #14 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed for three nights. Great location. Check in very good. Room had everything including free soft drinks, crisps and chocolate. Bed very comfortable. Good bathroom. MPW restaurant well worth a visit. What impressed me the most was the staff and how pleasant they all were, no exceptions. I will certainly stay again the next time I visit Liverpool.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
GemmaKenny, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be helpful. We all hope to welcome you back to Hotel Indigo Liverpool.
Best Wishes,
Guest Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (2,528)

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed at the Hotel Indigo last week, chosen as it was on a cheaper offer through Hotelopia. I normally stay at the Premier Inn but fancied a change. The Indigo is located in a nice area of the city, one that I don't normally see, with some lovely buildings. It's only about a 5 minute walk to Liverpool 1 (or 10 in heels!). First impressions is that it's a nice hotel, very modern and the check in was very efficient, with friendly and professional staff. We were early so left our luggage at the hotel as the room wasn't ready. Upon return we were given a room up on the 6th floor. Rooms are a little on the small side, décor is funky but still fairly basic. However, the bed was extremely comfy. My only other issue was with the shower. The water was boiling and it was difficult to figure out how to turn the temperature down.
Hotel bar was fairly busy in the evening and a little expensive.
Breakfast was included in our price and was good.
I wouldn't have a problem staying here again, but I prefer the Premier Inn in Liverpool 1, better location, cheaper and car parking right next door.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear tomoscharles,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I appreciate and wish to thank you for the kind remarks for the staff. It also delights us that you found the bed comfortable. My apologies for the inconvenience you experienced over the shower issue you have encountered. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to pamper you and provide you with exceptional service.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 17, 2013

stayed for 1 night in June. Friendly attentive staff. Evening meal in Marco Pierre White restaurant was excellent. Breakfast was also very good with plent of choice. Hotel is in a good location for shopping, tourism etc. Lots to do and see in Liverpool. No problems with noise inside or outside hotel. Overall a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and I have made sure to share your kind words with all of our team. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Best Wishes

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Quick check in and friendly receptionist, reasonably price, clean room ( corridors need some attention), great shower, very comfy bed and James on the bar very helpful finding us a umbrella in the down pour! Thank you

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank bobble333

Thank you so much for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be friendly. I am glad James was able to help you during our lovely Liverpool weather. We always keep a few umbrellas handy because we know how our weather likes to lean towards the wetness! We hope to see you soon and we will keep our fingers crossed that it is nice a sunny for you.
Best Wishes,

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights and was mostly satisfied - my main issue was the soundproofing:

Pros:
1. Excellent location - 2 min walk from Mersey and alongside Moorfields station
2. Pleasant staff
3. Very well presented rooms
4. Soft comfortable bed

Cons
1. Paper thin walls
2. First floor rooms are noisy when it rains
3. Free minibar does not include alcohol - just 2 soft drinks, 2 bottles of water and a kitkat

Room Tip: Avoid first floor rooms - there are metal panels outside these windows and when rainwater hits them...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Thank you very much for your candid review. I have shared your comments with your management team and I am confident any necessary changes will be made to ensure we are maintaining our high standards. I truly hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

The hotel room was very nice and well-decorated, with a free mini-bar that had water, tins of diet coke and sprite, kitbag and crisps. Nice sized plasma tv with connections for laptop, console,ipad etc. staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was £10 if added at time of booking and therefore much cheaper than many hotels, and was of standard buffet style quality. Sausages and black pudding were nice, but bacon was oven baked and tasteless as was the scrambled eggs.

I got a special rate, but the hotel was probably only worth what I paid. At full price, it would have been a complete rip-off.

Hotel has a Marco Pierre White restaurant, but I did not sample it as the room service menu was pretty poor and I did not fancy sitting in the restaurant by myself. Not sure why they cannot offer the complete menu for room service!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for commenting on your stay with us here at Hotel Indigo Liverpool. I am pleased you found our staff to be friendly and that you enjoyed our locally inspired décor. Please accept my sincere apologies for any shortfalls in services you experienced. I am sorry to hear you found our hotel to not offer value for money and I have made sure to bring this to the attention of our management team. Once again thank you for your time and I truly hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel Indigo Liverpool in the near future.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed her from Friday to Monday 7th to 10th June ,it was a birthday treat and was a smart modern hotel and only 10 mins from the central shopping areas by foot ,I am disabled and i am wheelchair bound so not too far to go to shop ,the staff are very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was a hot or cold choice also you could take a box that they supplied with some food for later including disposable cups for coffee tea etc, at night the restaurant turns into marco Pierre whites restaurant and very reasonably priced for example 3courses for £19.95 ,service was good a staff attentive, the rooms are comfortable with big flat screen tv ,free wifi all over the hotel and a USB dock for charging devices and a hdmi port for connecting your iPad to the tv to watch your own films ,
The hotel is also only 10 mins away from the Albert dock and other attractions ,for me personally there is also two disabled parking spaces almost outside the front of the hotel and the time limit is unlimited ,we parked there for the whole weekend , to make sure i phoned liverpool council parking services and confirmed that I was ok to park there unlimited as long as you display your badge , so in that respect perfect for me and any other disabled person .

• Stayed: July 2012