“Really nice and helpful staff”

Hotel Indigo Liverpool
Ranked #11 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Leicestershire UK
“Really nice and helpful staff”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed on Saturday 9th Feb 2013 the staff were very good actually made you feel like the cared you were there. We ate in the Marco Pierr White resturant I was expecting the Wow fracture but the food was over prices and my meal wasn't they good the potted duck was bland and my lamb was so tough and veg and potatoes so salty BUT I have to say it was dealt with so can't complain as our waitress Josie was excellent and took it off the bill. Breakfast was great and again staff there is nothing too much trouble for them . We had family join us in the evening for drinks and the service let them down waiting ages for drinks to arrive. I would stay there again no problem just would not eat on the resturant the portions are very small it's overpriced and I a sure we could have found better food hotel and staff get 100 percent Resturant not value for money THE BEST BED I EVER SLEPT ON SO COMFY

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Booked hotel indigo through a Secret Escapes package which included breakfast and an evening meal.
Arrived at the hotel on Friday 8th Feb. Checked in and was asked if I was a member of the priority club, I am, a platinum member - this was not recognised. Was just told that I should have informed the hotel beforehand - which I had done in an email but this was not acknowledged!! Also told my meal would be on the Friday eveing as it had to be on the first night of the deal, I explained again that I had also contacted the hotel regarding this and was told it was no problem to change to the second evening. Overall, felt check in could have been smoother and reception staff a little more friendlier for the type of hotel it markets itself as.

Checked into room 121 which was an orange themed room. Room was lovely, confortable bed, nice furniture. Bathroom was compact with a rainfall shower, the head on the shower was broken though so didn't spray properly.

Our first night in the hotel was lovely and peaceful, however on the second night we only managed to get a few hours sleep due to doors constantly banging and a couple having an arguement in the corridor for about an hour at 1am!

The breakfasts were lovely, all you can eat buffet and our meaL in the steakhouse was lovely too, be warned though wine is a little on the expensive side.

All in all a nice hotel but staff could be a bit warmer and friendlier and it can be noisy at the weekend. Not sure if I would return as I have had nicer weekends in other IHG branded hotels which do not cost as much per night but had a lot friendlier service.

1 Thank emms37
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We had a great weekend here. The rooms are clean and stylish, the staff will do anything to help and the food is first class. It just has that special little touch to make you feel valued. Highly recommend and we will be back.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Helenok
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Second stay at this hotel and have to say it is well worth a second look, modern and stylish, this hotel is a superb base for a visit to Liverpool whether on business or as we were, on holiday. Highlights of this hotel have to be the "Rainfall shower", the superb breakfast - plentiful and tasty, and the Location - five mins walk from either city centre or pier head.

1 Thank MooreOnTour
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Not got a bad thing to say about the hotel. Great modern place,food excellent,staff very helpfull. Great modern rooms,best shower I've had in a hotel room. Nice touch with the complimentary items. Great position for all the attraction. Would recommend this hotel to anyone planning a short break

3 Thank burts39
brighton
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Have just spent 2 nights at Hotel Indigo and loved it! Very trendy decor and the most comfortable bed I have slept in!
Bathroom was just right with rainfall shower - big enough for 2 people. Complimetary soft drinks and chunky KitKat in mini fridge and kettle with complimentary tea and coffee. Room also had hairdryer, iron and ironing board and lovely Aveda products in bathroom
All the staff I had contact with were extremely friendly and helpful so forget earlier negative comments about them being unfriendly. They also let me have a late check-out as my train home wasn't until the afternoon
I didn't have dinner in the Marco Pierre White restaurant but did have breakfast which was buffet style with a good selection of hot and cold things to eat.
The bar had a buzzy atmosphere in the evening and drinks were reasonably priced
Location was good - walkable to the Albert Docks and shopping areas. As the hotel is in the business district it wasn't noisy at night but easy access to Liverpool's nightlife
Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel

1 Thank Bright0nbell
manchester
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night for my husbands birthday we come to liverPool 3 times a year and have stayed in various hotels. This was our irst stay at hotel indigo, I had purchased a groupon voucher for our stay and was thoroughly happy with the experience. On arrival at this bright, modern and clean hotel we were checked in quickly and smoothly. We then went to our room which again was really nice and modern, the mini bar was an added bonus and a def must! Non alchololic drinks, choc bar and crisps were provided great or midnight snacks! We then wen own to MPW restaurant or afternoon tea which was included in he voucher also Hotel, they did not scrimp on portions and the sandwiches, cakes and tea was delicious. I have to mention Tim from MPW he was lovely, friendly and very accomodating real attribute the the hotel. The hotel was situated a short walk to all the restaurants, bars and Liverpool one, great location for amenities yet lovely and quiet at night. We had a great nights sleep bed was very comfortable and room was an ideal temperature not too hot like some hotels are. Breakfast ain was very nice, there was a queue went we went down however Tim dealt with this quickly and efficiently, there was a queue by the hot drink machine however that was more due to the layout then anything else. Lovely hotel would recommend and we would def stay again!

1 Thank loves2travel50