“Fantastic - REALLY impressed with food & value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Blundell Street

Blundell Street
Reserve with OpenTable
Blundell Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #219 of 1,680 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Brighton, null, United Kingdom
“Fantastic - REALLY impressed with food & value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

OK so I'll admit I'm not an easy customer to impress with a Sunday roast usually!!!...

But I'm pleased to say the chef in Blundell street excelled them self; the food was absolutely beautifully cooked & presented. Delicious tender braised beef, lashings of gravy, perfectly roasted potatoes, creamy carrot & turnip & the rest of the mixed veg was perfectly cooked. Good portions too, especially the meat! The broccoli & Stilton soup was lovely, as were the deserts. I thoroughly enjoyed everything, served piping hot, promptly - I really like the modern way the food was presented too. Very friendly staff.

We had a coupon (Groupon? Living Social? ) ...£15 for three course meal for two of us was an absolute steal, I'd definitely buy again.

To go there early afternoon isn't the most romantic of settings for couples I'll admit, the ambience without entertainment doesn't lend itself very well for intimacy - (great of a night time though!) ... but for excellent value & food you couldn't go wrong for a birthday bash etc.

Enjoy - I did! :)

• Visited February 2013

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Overall disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at the restaurant on Sunday the 13 January for lunch, first time at this restaurant But afraid will not be going Back, on entering the restaurant it was absolutely freezing , now considering its January and its cold outside you think they would have some heating on,, that aside the staff and the service was good,, the food was ok, but nothing to write home about,, but the drinks I thought were expensive, 2 pints of lager for myself and a vodka and orange for the wife 17.00 pounds , no sorry blundell street all in all I was a first time customer, but not impressed so I won't be back a second time

1 Thank frank631
St Helens, Merseyside, England
“Food not brilliant, expected better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Visited here in October as part of a Hen Party, first time i'd ever been. Our party was booked in to have the 1st sitting as part of a groupon promo, we arrived and we were the only customers there, we were shown to our tables and quickly shown the set menus for our 2 course meal.
Starter: I had homemade soup which I think was leek and potato, the soup was really nice and creamy but it was that good I wanted more, it came with the tiniest piece of bread.
Main: There was quite a few dishes to choose from but one or two you had to pay £2 extra for! I had chicken in a red wine gravy which came with boiled potatoes and broccoli. The chicken was really very tough and one or 2 of the potatoes were raw.

Not long after we had all finished eating another hen party arrived for the second sitting and we were rushed to leave the tables. As it was a hen party we planned to stay for the entertainment, we did stay but we were all crammed like sardines into the tiny seating area right near the entrance. By this time the restaurant was getting really full and from where we had to sit you couldn't see very much at all. After a few drinks you forget about the niggly bits and we did end up having a great time. Although, I paid £6 for a cocktail with most of the spirits I usually drink and it tasted disgusting and couldn't drink it.

It was quite good and I'd be happy to go again

• Visited October 2012
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Violently sick after eating here!! Food Poisining???”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

My son and daughter in law, went for a meal today. Within 3 hrs of eating at this place my daughter in law complained of terrible stomach pains and was violently sick.. I called the restaurant to complain but it was a answer machine, i left two messages of compliant and guess what? They have ignored me, says it all really... I would NOT recommend this restaurant..

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Marg H
“Worst meal I've eaten in a long time - truly awful”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

We bought a Groupon to come to Blundell St thankfully, but even the £45 we paid for the 4 of us was too much, I think full price was about £35 per person, I'd have been devastated to have paid that.

Drinks were expensive and the house white wine was like vinegar, although I believe the Sauvignon blanc which cost slightly more was ok. The meal ranged from 'not great' to inedible depending on the dishes we had, my fathers black pudding started was burned to a crisp and had to be sent back, my pork main also so cremated I couldn't cut through it, never mind eat it and I still heave when I recall the taste I had of the risotto!
Entertainment was ok, middle of the road and inoffensive and the waiting staff were polite, this is the best I can say about our night, we won't be returning!!