“Poor customer service”

Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Liverpool
Description: With superb views of the elegant Chavasse Park, The Exchange at Hilton Liverpool offers modern European cuisine in stylish surroundings. Contemporary and stylish, The Exchange features classy, minimalist decor with leather banquettes and a colour scheme of taupe, pink and chocolate shades. Exchange restaurant offers an imaginative menu of fresh, seasonal produce, along with an extensive list of fine wines and beers. Diners can also enjoy a cocktail in the sleek, modern Pima Bar, found in the impressive hotel lobby. Housed in the modern Hilton Liverpool Hotel, The Exchange offers a sophisticated space in which to dine.
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I booked my reservation 2 weeks in advance for my birthday, it was a Living Social deal and although it said you had to phone for the reservation I tried phoning 4 times but no-one would pick up in the restaurant so I booked online and mentioned it was a Living Social deal.

The day of my booking I received a call from the hotel to tell me that they were fully booked and I would have to re-book. They then asked me when I booked to confirm I had booked. I told them I obviously had booked otherwise why were they phoning me up. Luckily I had received an email from them confirming my booking.

They then tried to say that because it was a Living Social deal I had to phone to book. I told them it didn't matter whether I had a deal or not they shouldn't have confirmed my reservation if it was full.

I stood my ground and eventually they said they would honour my booking.

As it turned out the restaurant wasn't full. The table next to us was empty all night and within an hour half the restaurant was empty.

The food was nothing special and the menu was very limited. However the service was very good.

I was disappointed by the layout of the restaurant. It looked like a canteen with very small tables and chairs situated too close together.

I won't be returning given the poor customer relations and organisation of the booking system.

There are far too many good restaurants in Liverpool to visit.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Do yourself a favour and go to Mcdonalds.

Makes Faulty Towers look like a five star DO NOT GO HERE....

What should have been a special occasion for us as newlyweds turned out to be a terrible start to our short stay in Liverpool.

The hotel and staff were fantastic, especially the girl in the executive lounge who gave my wife and I tips on where to visit.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

The food was acceptable quality - nothing out of the ordinary, although the starter was more impressive than the main. Once seated, the service was very commendable - attentive without being overbearing. However, the table was booked for six and despite the restaurant being empty, we did have to wait in the bar for about quarter of an hour before being seated, which was not ideal given that we had booked the meal early especially so we would have time to get to a gig at the nearby Echo Arena. One criticism would be that despite the waiter returning to ask how I would like my duck cooking, this request seemed to have little or no bearing on how it was actually cooked.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We arrived for a prebooked meal at the Hilton In Liverpool last week and no one greeted us until we went over to the desk at the restaurant. We were shown to a table surrounded by noisy guests when there were lots of other tables available. We asked to move and the staff obliged. We ordered our meal which took a long time coming. My husband is gluten free and when the mains came after an another long wait they had taken off quite a lot from his plate because it contained gluten. However, they did not replace it with anything else. He therfore, had a miniscule piece of chicken which was like a childrens portion. My meal was duck breast which was tasteless and grisley, I had to leave half of it. My friend who was dining with us had to send her meal back because it was cold. We asked for a jug of water three times before they obliged. we ordered a bottle of house white and it was incredibly over priced for this establishment. The restaurant decor was more like a cafe than a hotel restaurant and we definately would not return.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Went to the Hilton for afternoon tea, we booked for 2pm and arrived on time. We were shown to a booth and waited for 10 minutes before approaching a member of the staff to take our order, he said he would put the dishes he was carrying down and return, he did not. Then another member of the team took our afternoon tea order, she did not write the order down and then leaned over the booth to check the drinks order, there was only three of us! At 2.25 pm we enquired as to the progress of the afternoon tea with a team member called Hannah, she promptly came back to say the order had not been placed by her colleague, she could not apolgise enough and within 5 minutes we finally got our afternoon tea, without Hannah's good customer service i think we would still be sitting there! The afternoon tea was good but I would not go back again unless i was assured Hannah would be working.