“Highlight of a trip of a lifetime”

Jackie Spencer - BeatleGuide
Ranked #3 of 66 Tours in Liverpool
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hi there, I'm Jackie and I've been a Beatle Fan all my life, and professionally qualified Tour Guide for 20 fun filled years. I've been Liverpool's OFFICIAL Beatleguide since 1995. My private tailor made tours are the real deal for discerning Beatle Fans planning the trip of a lifetime - satisfaction guaranteed. They're not the cheapest, but they are chauffeur driven by my lovely sidekicks so I can give you my full attention. As a fully qualified Blue Badge Guide I also offer general sightseeing tours. walking tours & step on guiding for coach companies. The Blue Badge is the top qualification for professional tour guides in the UK, and a guarantee of excellence. Most importantly, I'm a Liverpudlian born and bred, Love Liverpool, Love The Beatles, and would love to share my city with you.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

As a lifelong Beatles fan I always dreamed of going to England and touring The Beatles' sights. I finally realized that dream in May 2013 when I visited London and Liverpool. Liverpool was the highlight and our tour with Jackie was the best. We did an "all-day" tour and it seemed like it was over in a flash because we were having so much fun. Jackie's knowledge of The Beatles is surpassed only by her love for them and it shows in her tours. She took us to a number of unexpected "special" places and made this experience one of the best "In My Life".
Jackie -thanks again for making a special trip even more memorable than I could have imagined. You will be a life long friend.
Kevin and Karen McAteer
Newtown Square, Pa.

1  Thank Kevin M
JackieBeatleguide, Owner at Jackie Spencer - BeatleGuide, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Hi Kevn & Karen, Totally my pleasure! I am very aware that I have a great and wonderful burden on my shoulders to make dreams come true...I do my best :) Trick is, every time, I enjoy the day as much as you do!! Fond memories of a lovely day, Jackie

There are newer reviews for Jackie Spencer - BeatleGuide

Reviewed May 24, 2013

My brother and I booked the 7-hour "In My Life Tour" with Jackie. After reading the multiple 5-star reviews, our expectations were high. Somehow, Jackie exceeded our expectations! She immediately discerned that we were hard-core Beatles fans who didn't need a beginner's narrative. In response, she crafted a tour that integrated several "deep cuts" along with the more familiar sites. For example, she took us to the Liverpool Conservative Men's Club where John & Paul first played together (captured in the photo where they're wearing white jackets & bolo ties). And because she has cultivated relationships with Liverpool gatekeepers, the attendant on duty not only allowed us on the stage, but also turned on the stage lights to improve the quality of our photos! The same thing happened when we visited Ringo's childhood home on Admiral Grove. We not only saw the outside of the home, but because Jackie knew the current resident (a lovely pensioner), we were able to enter the house and stand in Ringo's living room! And I can't imagine another tour guide who includes Eleanor Rigby's apartment on the itinerary! In short, Jackie's connections and unparalleled knowledge of all things Beatles made this the tour of a lifetime! Thank U very very much Jackie!

2  Thank Alice S
beatleguide, Owner at Jackie Spencer - BeatleGuide, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

ahh you know, it was so great to delve deep and show you some of the more off the wall venues...espcially liked the Dylan door :) Glad you enjoyed the day !

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Jackie-thank you for the most informative, entertaining and fun tour I have ever been on. You fulfiiled my request-to see as much as I could see-and more. Your knowledge and attitude about the Beatles are evident by your demeanor with all whom we came into contact with. I especially loved sharing in 'George's' photo shoot. This is THE Beatles tour for those coming to Liverpool.

1  Thank Rachel R

Hi R, It was my privelege to share your birthday treat with you..and thanks for indulging me with the silly George Pics :). Keep in touch, Jackie

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We set Jackie the unenviable task of taking a ‘stag do’ on an alcohol-fuelled Beatles tour around Liverpool. With her humour, wit and incredible knowledge of the city, she effortlessly educated and entertained a group of lads who had, until then, showed little interest in anything other than drinking. We really had a great time. Even those of us who have little interest in the Beatles could not help but find her engaging and funny. In the weeks leading up to the tour, we were forced to rearrange the time and date of our booking on a number of occasions. She could not have been more accommodating and easy to deal with. Those looking for a comprehensive and exhaustive account of the Beatles story will not be disappointed – she is encyclopaedic. But if, like we did, you want something a little bit more light-hearted then, again, you can’t go wrong with Jackie. Upon her departure, our bus erupted into song: “One Jackie Spencer, there’s only one Jackie Spencer” - we unearthed a gem.

2  Thank RSoosh
beatleguide, Owner at Jackie Spencer - BeatleGuide, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Well I do like a challenge! You were all a great laugh though, and I did enjoy our little pub stop at Penny Lane....less said about the Strawberry Field pics the better haha. Hope the wedding is fab, and that you all sing a little Beatle song or two to remember the stag party in Liverpool :)

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Our 16 year old is a huge Beatles fan, so we wanted to make sure we booked the best Beatles tour. All the reviews are correct, Jackie is a gem. We spent 10 days in England and Wales and did a bunch of amazing things, but the kids say the Beatles tour was their highlight. Jackie is professional, organized and a sweetie pie. Booking, paying and meeting up is a breeze.
Jackie, we are seeing Paul this summer at Fenway Park in Boston. We will be thinking of you. Hope Florida was a blast.
Jayne and Alan Demsky
Mahwah, NJ USA

1  Thank jayne D

Absioutely my pleasue J! Your kids were fantastic, love that you carry the Beatle gene through the generations! Have a great time at the Paul concert, and if he sings Penny Lane...or any other song from our tour, remember me :)