“Best Steak Ever!”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I went to this restaurant for the first time last week on a Living Social voucher which was a starter, main and glass of Prosseco for two people for £29. That was excellent value, and there was extensive choice of meals but we decided to have fillet steak at a supplement of £5 each. It was well worth it-it was the most delicious and beautifully cooked and presented steak I've ever had in a restaurant. The place itself is also lovely - nice surroundings and pleasant and relaxed atmosphere. I'd definitely like to revisit and hope Living Social do another voucher soon!

There are newer reviews for The Clove Hitch

Reviewed March 4, 2013

if you're looking for somewhere that offers uncomplicated, traditional cooking with quality ingredients then this little place will not disappoint.
We ate here on a busy friday night and ordered from the value 2 course menu. Service was attentive and friendly, and despite the place being full, we never felt overlooked at any point.
Food was delicious and plentiful.
Would highly recommend!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Every trip to the Clove Hitch has been excellent, lunch, dinner or just drinks it does it all well. Lovely courtyard to sit in if the weather is nice - hard to find within the city centre and the 23 club in the basement is a hidden gem full of real ale delights!

Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Just got home from dining with friends at the Clove Hitch and I think I've fallen in love with the place..
We dined on Living Social vouchers which gave us 2 courses and a glass of wine each.
Absolute bargain, great food, done well, excellent portion sizes and charming staff.
Would highly recommend and will be visiting again very soon :)

1  Thank Carmel D
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is the second time we have been to this restaurant, so about time I wrote a review. Both times were on a discount voucher and both times were excellent. The place itself is a bit quirky and has loads of atmosphere. Creaky floors upstairs, original high ceilings and so much more. Well the more is the food. Everything is so fresh, hot & presented well. Taste is great, I had the fish cakes to start & my husband had the scallops.....Mmmm - gorgeous. My main was chicken in creamy white wine sauce, which the sauce was a little too thin for me but full of flavour. My husband had the fish & chips (haddock not cod) which he loved. We had a selection of cheeses for dessert, washed down with a couple of glasses of port. Everything was great including the service. Nothing was too much trouble & just the right time between courses. Will be going back as we have already bought another voucher on living social. £29 for 2 courses & a drink each (wine/beer/prosecco/soft drink). I worked out that we must have saved about £17, so well worth it. Saying that we would return even without a voucher. Enjoy!!!!