“Wonderful”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Local, simple, honest food
Reviewed November 22, 2013

The staff at almond are very friendly & helpful.. Came with fussy eaters & they could do nothing more than they did to help us.. Also have a but allergy sufferer & they went above & beyond to make sure there was no way she could have a reaction.. Really excellent.. Xx

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Visited the Almond for Sunday Lunch after sampling some of their food at the Liverpool Food and Drink Festival way back in September. Everything was delicious, the starter of ribs was fantastic, the meat just fell off the bones, the pate was lovely, loved the little pot of onion relish. The Sunday roast of chicken was fantastic, unfortunately after my starter I just couldn't finish it, everybody else had fish and chips and one of us had the steak, they all left clean plates. 3 of us had dessert and the cheesecake was absolutely gorgeous, also I was told the apple crumble was delicious and it smelt lovely. I would definitely recommend the Almond, we plan to visit again.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I recommended this venue for a friend and I for lunch, she not not been before but lives in the area, I had been early on in the year, we both had an excellent main course and desert, the service was second to none and the waitress was very attentive even though the restaurant was busy, the food was served quickly and was hot and well presented, and was excellent value for money. Would recommend friends to theis place.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We live around 5 minutes away from the almond so eat her quite often. However I'll be giving it a miss in future. We both ordered burgers last time and there was some uncooked pink bits in the middle the chips were also greasy and needed browning a bit more which was a shame as the chips are usually really nice. Have had nicer meals in the local pub for less than half the price.

2  Thank Charl8889
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

This was our second trip to Almonds, and we were returning after enjoying the lamb shank living social offer from last time.
Our guest was over from Australia and after raving about the place to her, I left slightly disappointed. We all ordered the black pudding and scallops, as we had especially loved this last time and although perfectly cooked it had a balsamic drizzle missing that had made it even better last time. Two of us ordered the lamb shank and were recommended to have some side veg to go with it and as I'm not that bothered just got one between us. The mains arrived and I sat enjoying my melt in the mouth lamb and was nearly finished when I noticed our guest looking puzzled at the lack of recommended side veg. We got the waitresses attention and she was very apologetic and after 5mins arrived with a small dish with 4 wilted asparagus stalks one of which was an end piece, some similarly wilted green beans and some peas. We are what was edible, but at £2.95 and arriving after we had finished our main, I think is rather pricey and should have been given complimentary.
Other niggles are having only tiny paper napkins on the table when the food is of a high quality and costing £7 for starter and £15 for main is not really acceptable. Also people smoking outside the door and it wafting in spoils things slightly.
I will be returning as think the food is great, just think the little things could be improved on.