“Well up to standard!”

Zizzi - Liverpool One
Ranked #243 of 1,707 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Zizzi in Liverpool can be found on Paradise Street in the new Liverpool One shopping centre. Everyone knows about Liverpool's greatest export, and our restaurant is located a mere 2 minutes from the Beatles Museum. Slightly further still is Matthew St, home to the famous Cavern Club where the band first took off.Dine al fresco with an outdoor dining area for sunny weather. And if you’re celebrating something special, see if our private dining area is right for you.
Leighton Buzzard
“Well up to standard!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We have eaten at a number of Zizzi's and this was the best we had been to with excellent service and very good food - really liked the fish stew - very good children's menu catering even for our 6 year old son who likes his garlic bread and pasta plain!

Visited October 2012

Cardiff
“Very mediocre.”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were extremely disappointed... The worst calamari I have ever eaten ( extremely dry and tough). Risotto was terrible - described as having a hint of chilli but laced with chunks of red hot Dutch chilli that left my wife unable to eat anything else. All other food average at best.
Waitress very apologetic and did her best. However long wait for everything. Would never go back!

1 Thank CardiffDan
Norwich
“Service terrible, food average”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

As a fairly tolerant person when it comes to slow service, this one really tested my patience. None of the usual mitigating circumstances where true; it wasn't busy, it was a Thursday at 5pm, there appeared to be plenty of staff and we ordered "normal" stuff from the menu (simple pizzas and pasta).

Upon arrival we were seated almost immediately but that's where the prompt service stopped. It took nearly 15 minutes before someone came to take our order and it was a further 10 minutes before the drinks actually arrived. Again, nothing complicated, just two diet cokes and two bottles of beer.

We finished our drinks well before the starters arrived (garlic bread and dough sticks). Despite being promised oils with the bread we had to ask twice and had virtually finished our starters before they were finally brought to the table.

We then had more than a 40 minute wait for our main courses, during which time we heard the table next to us complaining that they had to wait so long. They were told there was a wait for pizzas. This was despite the presence of a very large pizza overn.

Our waitress asked if we wanted more drinks and was clearly embarassed about the wait for our main courses. To her credit, she said she would chase the food with the kitchen without being prompted by us.

When the food arrived it was OK. The pizza had very little topping on it, the portion size of the spaghetti carbonara was too small and the calzone was also short of topping which was concerntrated in the middle (meaning a wade through lots of pizza bread before getting to it).

Steer clear of this place - we've eaten at a couple of other places at Liverpool One in the past year (Pesto and Las Iguanas) and they were both much better than Zizzi's.

liverpool
“poor service”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Booked a table for my daughters 16th for her and 5 friends, was told I could leave a cake and balloons for a surprise, which when I dropped them off the waiter seamed vague which left me with uneasy feeling. When my daughter returned home she complained food took far to long to arrive, (they were not busy) the waitess( Sophie) ignored them and had to wait 20 minutes for their drinks which were sat on the bar.They also neglected to bring out her birthday cake and when we telephoned to enquire why was told manager would get back to us which he/she didnt.Overall it was a very dissapointing first experiance of going to a reasturant alone with friends for my daughter I feel she had a very POOR 16th birthday meal that cost me £120.00

3 Thank gilllea
Suffolk UK
“I was looking forward to this but I won't make the same mistake again”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Saturday night and busy so we booked. I had been to Zizzi's in Nottingham a few years ago and really liked it and was looking forward to eating here. The table was ready but it was way too small for four people. I nearly had to eat my pizza out of my lap. The food was average at best. Some dishes never made average. The wine is over priced and vaguely described. Red - Chianti. The staff were friendly and helpful but that doesn't make up for the quality of the food. I won't be going back to any of their restaurants.