6,341 results
All reviews lime street station castaway bar train station empire theatre nautical theme free car park city centre mini bar lovely hotel self service full english buffet breakfast excellent location twin room would stay again visiting liverpool excellent value for money
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel is located within walking distance of the docks area and has adequate parking available free to Residents. The rooms are well equipped, clean and comfortable. An excellent buffet breakfast is available. Staff are friendly and efficient.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LHLManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Liner Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review.

We are happy to read of a clean and comfortable stay and pleased you found the complimentary parking a convenience to your stay.

Thank you for your comments towards Breakfast, the team will be very pleased to read of an excellent buffet.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Liner sometime in the future

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have emailed my complaint every day since sunday and its still not even been acknowledged. THIS HOTEL HAS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE STANDARDS
To: anna.bodeci@theliner.co.uk and info@theliner.co.uk
Subject: last night

the manager was not available to speak to at checkout SO I SENT AN EMAIL.

on saturday night we stayed in room 262
at around 10.45pm we returned to our room

our room was directly above the room where a wedding reception was being held and the music was very loud, there is no way we could sleep

I complained at the reception desk and was first told that the music would stop at midnight by one person
another then said no it will stop at 1 o clock however they expect that when people start to leave at 12 it will stop
then a third person came and said the dj was on untill one

I asked to move room and was told the hotel was fully booked an no rooms are available
I asked to speak to a manager and was told the duty manager would come see me
as I waited the receptionist then said she did have a room available, room on the 5th floor and i could move there

we moved rooms to the new one, which had an ajoining door to the room next door, however all was quiet so we went to bed and fell asleep straight away

at 1 oclock we were awoken by the couple next door returning to their room, we could hear every very personal word they spoke and did!!! , so i suggested to my friend we returned to room 262 as the dj was finishing at 1 ( or so i had been told by 3 staff members)

we returned to our room at 1.05 to find the music as loud as before, so i called reception to ask if it was due to finish

i was informed the dj was on until 2 ( so why was i lied to before by 3 memebers of staff?)
we decided as there was only 50 minutes left to suffer we would stay in room 262, as we had no intention of listening to the the room next door on the 5th floor (if they knew what conversation we heard I believe they would be mortified.)

at 1.15 ( im not really bothered about this ) the fridge clicked and a blue light came on illuminating the room, i called down to reception again as I would not have been able to sleep in a room lit up by fridge light. they sent someone up who said it was the colour scheme and normal,
having stayed in the room the night before I knew this to be yet another lie by your staff

at just affter 1.30 the music stopped
I was shocked the following morning to not even receive an apology from the receptionist ( infact not one person has said sorry once ) and when I said I wasnt happy to pay full price for that night was told there was noone to authorise a discount and to wrire to the duty manager anna bodeci . she has chosen to ignore my calls and emails !

I can not believe that when this hotel has a function they still advertise those rooms to paying customers. Surely a hotel doesnt expect their guests to wait until the party ends to go to sleep. Had I been told at check in of the situation I would have found alternative accomodation for our weekend.

Room tip: room 262 is above a function room, check they have no events the night of your stay unless you dont intend to sleep until after 2 am
1  Thank Vicky W

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay with us.

I'm sorry to read of a disrupted stay caused by a Hotel event and other Hotel Guests. I understand we assisted wherever we could to make your stay more comfortable.

I am also sorry to hear of the many 'lies' you feel you encountered during your stay. It is unfortunate you have this opinion.

I will follow up your email to the Hotel and ensure you receive an appropriate response.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Clean, comfortable, good location, helpful and pleasant staff, comfy bed. Breakfast was nice.
Slight noise from train station announcements but not significant enough to bother us. We would stay again.

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your 5* review of The Liner Hotel.

We are very happy to read you enjoyed a clean and comfortable stay and that our Team were able to add to your overall experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

By far the best hotel I've ever stayed in feels very welcoming the cleanliness was 10 out of 10 can't wait to go back we stayed in the penthouse what a magical room Netflix was an added bonus also the breakfast was very fresh

Room tip: Enjoy you won't be disappoint

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your 5* review and wonderful feedback from your stay in the Penthouse Suite.

We will share your comments with the Team who will be most pleased to know how much you enjoyed your stay.

Look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We always stay at the Liner as it is really good value. The rooms are very clean and the restaurant and bar very good value and great food. We are less than five minutes from Liverpool lime st and Merseyrail. We also walk to the centre and Albert dock within fifteen to twenty minutes. St George’s Hall is a few minutes down the road and also the museums.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your 5* review.

We are very pleased to read of another comfortable stay and glad you enjoyed the Restaurant and Bar.

Our location is perfectly suited for walking to many of the City's attractions, we are glad you found this too.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and for your continued business at The Liner Hotel

Look forward to welcoming you back