“mid week getaway”

Campanile Liverpool
Ranked #70 of 100 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed December 9, 2012

nice hotel near to albert docks. only £45 for a night mid week and it was a good nights sleep, free carpark helpful staff and a mcdonalds across the road! bemused as to how it is £120 on a saturday night however....

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,046)

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed here quite a few times on business and have always liked it. The rooms are very spacious and if you ask for a room on the harbour side you'll have a great view. The hotel's very close to all the major attractions. Breakfast was good. I only ever had the buffet but heard people saying the Full English was excellent. And the staff are friendly and professional. It's a real steal at the price, for business or leisure, and parking's free! Recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the harbour if you can.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed here in mid-November 2011 for one night and found it to be fine place to stay for the price. Good location,close to the docks,Liverpool One shopping centre and Echo Arena. A clean room and bathroom,plesant and helpful staff and I had a great nights sleep.. After a long day travelling and sight seeing and shopping in the excellent city of Liverpool it was a pleasure to stay here and would 100% come back here when I am next in Liverpool and at the price you just can't beat this hotel. I highly recommend it if your looking for cheap,central,comfortable accomodation in Liverpool Centre.

Room Tip: Ask or a view out to sea across the dock its amazing to wake up to.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Staff very friendly and could not do enough for you all the receptionists we encountered were pleasant we were allowed to book in when we arrived at the hotel even though it was before the official check in time, room very clean and comfortable excellent value for money,food was well cooked and plentiful.
A very nice short break except for the rain showers but there's nothing the hotel could do about the weather, the room was however nice and warm to come back too.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2012

This is a typical Campanile. The beds are ok and the rooms are big enough, but they are not the sort of room that I would want to spend a lot of time in. If that was the case then I would pay a lot more for the luxury. I do like Campanile because they have a bath and not some plastic pod that you step into.
I have stayed here a few times and I have never been bothered by rowdy people late at night.
The location is ok, but it might be a bit further from the city centre than some people would like. The views of the docks are good and it is close to a lovely pub called the Baltic Fleet. It is also handy for the Cains brewery tour.
The food is not brilliant. I have eaten here a couple of times after a long drive and given a choice I would eat somewhere else.
The breakfast was disappointing so I cross the road to MacDonalds for a muffin.
Staff vary tremendously. There have been very friendly and helpful staff, but I have encountered the complete opposite as well. They should realise that they are ambassadors for a really great city.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The hotel is not in the center but it is very close to china town where you can find very good pubs (Flute, Fly on the loaf, Grape) as wel as to the Baltic (if you like ale you must go on that pub). Also the Albert docks are close. If you've got heavy luggage and you move using pubblic transport you will probably go for a taxi. The staff was really helpfull and friendly. From the hotel you can have a very lovely walk on the mersey.
Thus, why am I not completely satisfied? because the quality of the bed and the pillow was really poor. We (my girlfriend and me) couldn't really rest in the 2nights we spent.
If someone of the campanile will read this review I can simply say that, as soon as I will sure you've changed pillows and bed I will come back 100% whereas at present it will depend on other hotel prices.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I had a good night out in Liverpool last week and during the night I lost my wallet and mobile phone.
I discovered this when I came back to the hotel. I needed to call home in order to block my credit cards and my phone, but was told stone cold by the guy in the reception that he wouldnt lend me the phone, as I didnt have any money. I was talking about lending a phone for 20-30 secs! I travel 100-120 days a year in many place in Europe and elsewhere, and I have experienced bad service before, but never at this level. I couldnt believe my ears and I was in total shock,
I have written the headquarters of Campanile, but got a standard answer back, as if I had a complaint about dirty towels. Having lost everything on a trip abroad is terrible, but after a week now the only bad feeling I have left over this experience is the way the Hotel reacted, I strongly recommend to stay far away from this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose Holiday Inn instead.
Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business