“Day tour around the Beatles 'hot spots'”

Pool of Life Beatles Day Tour
Ranked #9 of 72 Tours in Liverpool
More attraction details
Owner description: Hi, my name is Tim and Pool of Life Tours is my company. I am a friendly, qualified and fully insured Beatles guide. My most popular tour by far is the Beatles Extravaganza Day Tour which is for the fan that wants to scratch beneath the surface of the Beatles' time in Liverpool. You may know all the songs but it's no substitute for standing in Paul McCartney's bedroom, at the gates of Strawberry Field or beneath John Lennon's 'Aztec' ceiling in the Casbah. I know that for many of you a trip to Liverpool is the trip of a lifetime and my tour gives you time to enjoy the places, take photos in a small group of guests (maximum 8 people) on a full day tour that won't break the bank and includes all admission fees pre-booked and paid in advance. I understand that you have a lot of choice and I won't join the list of tours claiming to be the best, but I will ask you to read just a few of my reviews before you book a tour. They speak for themselves! I look forward to hearing from you soon. English or Spanish available.
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My son is Beatles mad (I'm also a growing fan) and I organised a day tour with Tim around all of the hot spots associated with the Fab Four.

I can't recommend Tim and his company highly enough. We had the most complete tour possible, seeing every possible sight in good detail and with Tim providing insightful, balanced commentary along the way.

The tour was the highlight of a wonderful weekend in Liverpool. If you follow in my footsteps and book with Tim I am sure you will be as happy as I was.

1  Thank Steve_Berkshire2013
in 19 reviews
"insight"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed September 2, 2013

For anyone interested in the Beatles this is the ideal trip to take.
There is so much to see and plenty of time to do so. Having been on
quick tours in the past, this is so much better, as it gives you a real
connection to the Liverpool of the Beatles era.

The guide was a very genuine and friendly man who knew what he
was talking about and couldnt have been more helpful.If I know
of anyone that is going to Liverpool for a Beatles week or even a couple of
days, I will definitely recommend this trip.

It was so moving going into Paul's house and John's house and being
able to at least see the outside of Ringo's and George's.The Cavern website
is really good as it lists exactly what this tour includes, and that is an awful lot,
at a leisurely pace so that you dont feel that you are constantly rushing.It was
also very good value for money as well

We cant thank Steve and Tim enough for ensuring that our day was one that we will
remember for a long time to come.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

The Beatleweek, City of Liverpool and A Day In The Life Tour is all fantastic!

My tour is 22th. August, 8 hours by minibus around Liverpool. and including visits from
John´s and Paul´s childhood homes inside, Casbah Club, Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields
and many more nice places! We also saw Ringo´s and George´s childhood houses too.

Our driver, Steve, is fantastic man, he known a lot of Liverpool and Beatles history,
and very nice and helpful. Travel arrangements working well, Steve pick me from hotel.

I would recommend!

Jouni Hanski
Finland

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We were on a ten day cruise round the British Isles that included a day in Liverpool. We learnt a while ago that it is often better to book our own day tours independently when we are on shore days rather than book the cruise company excursions which are very expensive (lots of middle men to pay) and involve herding people on and off a big coach and very little flexibility.

Our day in Liverpool was a case in point. I looked at Trip Advisor in advance and found the Beatles Day Tour run by Pool of Life Tours which had great reviews so I booked it. We were met by Tim, our guide, directly off the ship and had the most fantastic day. The whole thing was great but for me there were two highlights. The first was visiting the area where Ringo Starr spent his childhood. It was just like the area where my family lived post war and it evoked so many memories; two up, two down houses, outside toilets, playing in the street and on local bombsites.

The second was the trip to the Casbah Club, out in the suburbs of the city. It was incredible, so raw and authentic. We were escorted round the Casbah by Rory Best, the brother of Peter Best, the Beatle who was sacked and replaced by Ringo Starr just before they became really famous. Coach parties from cruise liners don't go anywhere near the Casbah. They just go to the (rebuilt) Cavern Club which is plastic by comparison.

Tim is very knowledgeable and accommodating and made sure we had a great time. I recommend this trip highly