“One of the greatest experiences In My Life!”

Pool of Life Beatles Day Tour
Ranked #9 of 72 Tours in Liverpool
More attraction details
Owner description: Hi, my name is Tim and Pool of Life Tours is my company. I am a friendly, qualified and fully insured Beatles guide. My most popular tour by far is the Beatles Extravaganza Day Tour which is for the fan that wants to scratch beneath the surface of the Beatles' time in Liverpool. You may know all the songs but it's no substitute for standing in Paul McCartney's bedroom, at the gates of Strawberry Field or beneath John Lennon's 'Aztec' ceiling in the Casbah. I know that for many of you a trip to Liverpool is the trip of a lifetime and my tour gives you time to enjoy the places, take photos in a small group of guests (maximum 8 people) on a full day tour that won't break the bank and includes all admission fees pre-booked and paid in advance. I understand that you have a lot of choice and I won't join the list of tours claiming to be the best, but I will ask you to read just a few of my reviews before you book a tour. They speak for themselves! I look forward to hearing from you soon. English or Spanish available.
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Such a beautifully arranged and personalised tour, I really can't thank Steve and Tim enough for the marvellous job they have done in expertly crafting this wonderful adventure. Everything was arranged perfectly and each experience (there are so many!!) left us feeling more connected with the real-life world of John, Paul, George & Ringo. Steve was our guide and he really made us feel at home with his charm and excellent stories. He went out of his way to make sure we saw and heard about the things that were of most interest to us. Liverpool is such a beautiful city and it was lovely to hear Beatles stories from someone with a real passion for their hometown.
I became a music teacher largely because of my love of the Beatles, so I've read a lot about them, but it was wonderful to have a guide who could really fill in the fine details and provide such deep local knowledge that simply can't be properly communicated in books or TV.
This tour was such an experience from start to finish. It really was a privilege to be taken care of so well, and it was such an amazing feeling to see these places (that meant so much more to the Beatles than anything in London) first-hand.
If you want to really feel immersed in the world of the Beatles, the only way to top this tour would be to spend a day with Paul & Ringo themselves.

2  Thank Aidan P
in 19 reviews
"insight"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We went into the Pool of Life tour with high expectations and they were exceeded. Tim was the highlight of my parents' trip to Liverpool a couple years ago and they insisted my husband and I meet up with him as well. I consider myself to be somewhat of a Beatles expert, but Tim blew me out of the water. Our visits to Penny Lane, Strawberry Field, Lennon and McCartney's boyhood homes and The Casbah left tears in our eyes and, in some cases, our jaws on the floor. This truly is an unforgettable, once-in-a-lifetime experience.

1  Thank LaurenOnAir
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Our tour guide Steve was FANTASTIC. We fit it just about everything any Beatle fan could want to see. This would be a perfect tour for both experienced and new Beatles fans alike.

I couldn't recommend this tour any more.

1  Thank Brian K
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We loved it the communication we had in order to book this tour was fantastic Tim was really helpful we loved the tour seeing the birthplace of the Beatles we had a great experience we would love to do it again and will be telling all our friends and family to go on this tour thanks again Tim for such s fab experience your expertise on the Beatles blew us away thanks from the two South Aussies Bec and Daniel

1  Thank RebeccaVeale