“Tim is the best!”

Pool of Life Beatles Day Tour
Ranked #17 of 67 Tours in Liverpool
More attraction details
Owner description: Hi, my name is Tim and Pool of Life Tours is my company. I am a friendly, qualified and fully insured Beatles guide. My most popular tour by far is the Beatles Extravaganza Day Tour which is for the fan that wants to scratch beneath the surface of the Beatles' time in Liverpool. You may know all the songs but it's no substitute for standing in Paul McCartney's bedroom, at the gates of Strawberry Field or beneath John Lennon's 'Aztec' ceiling in the Casbah. I know that for many of you a trip to Liverpool is the trip of a lifetime and my tour gives you time to enjoy the places, take photos in a small group of guests (maximum 8 people) on a full day tour that won't break the bank and includes all admission fees pre-booked and paid in advance. I understand that you have a lot of choice and I won't join the list of tours claiming to be the best, but I will ask you to read just a few of my reviews before you book a tour. They speak for themselves! I look forward to hearing from you soon. English or Spanish available.
Blumenau, SC
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Tim is the best!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We travel to Liverpool in our honeymoon just to make this Beatles tour. Our wedding ceremony had just Beatles music, so you can imagine how fan we are. The tour was in october 5th.
Tim is funny, gentile, intelligent and seems to be a Beatles fan too! We feel totally comfortable with him, because you can be a hysterical fun of them and Tim looks to understand you. He knows some nice gossip about aunt Mimi and have some memorabilia to show you too. Some nice things to comment with your friends back home.
We loved the city and the trip was awesome, specially The Casbah! Thank´s for the amazing time with you and hope we can be back again very soon with our parents and with our new baby! (Yes!)

Visited October 2012
1 Thank MarthitaB

Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The very early Beatles tour - Liverpol”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

On behalf of the 3 ladies and myself, we shared a personalised Beatles day tour with Tim on the 04 October 2012, I would sincerely like to thank Tim, for his flexibility in organising the sites we wanted to see. Our strong recommendation is to pay the little extra to go the 'further distance' with this great local personalised tour guide, of all the key locations on the 'very early Beatles' tour. For me personally, the highlight was seeing the Casbah Coffee Club and experiencing the 'connection' this part of the story had in the making of the Beatles.
Many thanks again Tim and hope to see you again in the future when we return for another dose of Liverpool. Regards, Garry, Louise, Majella and Emily.... Brisbane Australia.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Garry B
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best part of our trip to Liverpool”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband bought us a trip to Liverpool and London for my 50th birthday, knowing I'm a huge beatles fan. This tour.was amazing! Worth every penny and then some. Tim was fun, friendly and most of all, knowledable about the Beatles. Even locals said he is the real deal. If you want a true, honest account of the beatles, don't take the big yellow bus tour loaded with too many people....spend the money and go with a pro...you won't be disappointed!. My bucket list trip was made perfect. Tim, thank you for sharing your city, your amazing knowledge of the Beatles,...its obvious you too, are a true Beatles fan!!

Ontario, Canada
“The complete Beatles tour”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I can't imagine a more complete Beatles tour than this one. Tim gives a great, friendly, personalized tour. Of the many locations we visited during the day-long tour, the highlight for us was the Casbah Coffee Club, which is apparently not included in most of the other tours but should not be missed.

Visited August 2012
Halifax, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Penny Lane”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Tim, thanks for taking us on a day my husband will never forget. The personal comments and the knowledge you have , far surpasses anyone else. Penny Lane was a highlight for sure.. as we drove down Penny Lane, with the song in the background seeing the actual places in the song.. was pretty magical... and then the house number!! AND!! omg.. the Casbah.. what a trip back in time ! the high point for Terry was spending time with Rory Best. Incredible and we highly recommend Tim as a guide.. It was a spectacular full day of history, landmarks and emotion... merci!! ...janet and terry , Nova Scotia, Canada...

Visited September 2012