“great location and lovely staff...”

Liverpool Marriott Hotel City Centre
Ranked #43 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Istanbul, Turkey
“great location and lovely staff...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have stayed for 3 nights in January at this Hotel.
The hotel is in a fantastic location and It's only a short walk into the town center and the nearby restaurants,bars and shopping malls.
I was checked quickly by the polite receptionist. My room was only a standard double and looks very old style.I think they only should renovate the rooms as soon as possible.Of course I may think to stay again at this Hotel for my upcoming visits...
Thanks everybody in that hotel.....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Thai first
Caldy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed here Monday and Tuesday evening. My room was a little depressed but I slept fine and my wake up call was just on time. I decided to stay here as I needed to travel from Lime Street Station early Tuesday morning for business.
The concierge was very polite and advised me of local eateries in the area.
Will return, maybe with family to encounter a different experience. I'm finding trip advisor very useful and will continue to review as and when needed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

The staff as normal are very friendly as always and the concierge had a great knowledge of the city. As other people have written on trip advisor the rooms are a little tired. The hotel room that i stayed in, the bath,room could do with a tidy up as there was rust on the shower rail. The breakfast was very good and good value for money at £14. The hotel itself is in a great location and in walking distance to all the shops and the night life.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Cork
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

A four star hotel in a central location, that matches up to it's four star billing,thus,to be original, I'm giving it four stars:) The reception staff would get five stars for sheer chatty friendliness though.Would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Here on business but couldn't get all 3 nights at the Marriott so the first night was at the Holiday Inn just across the street. What a pleasure it was to get out of there and into this hotel.
It cost about 10 GBP/night more and another 10 GBP/night more for internet (but this is WiFi compared to cabled).

The WiFi was quite expensive - BUT, it allowed up to 6 devices (I travel with 3 devices that use WiFi and a small family could easily use it al up). Regardless, I've been to many places that restrict the numbers greatly and I've been to many places that the user id and password can be shared indefinitely but not at the same time.

Coming from North America you will appreciate that the room had: pants press; iron and ironing board; HDTV with a few HD channels (at least I think so - sometimes with a small but good quality TV they can fool these eyes); a good cross section of included toiletries (including bar soaps - I still prefer bars to gels); decent workspace; closet with about 10 hangers; room that was easy to control the temperature; mini fridge (although it didn't get things very cold); and a shower tub.

The shower tub was a bit chipped and cracked in places but very good pressure and temperature control. The lighting in the bathroom was decent (although without my wife there, I don't have her real world experience to really rate it!). I think I remember a hair dryer but it may have been stored in a drawer in the room.

The pants press isn't intuitive - you press the timer first and THEN the on button.

I also don't remember there being a clock radio in the room - I'm currently in my fourth hotel in Europe on this trip and I'm 0 for 4 with clock radios.

The decor in the room was nice and while certainly not brand new, it was a major upgrade to the Holiday Inn room I was in. And the bed was much more to my liking - proper mattress topper; fitted and flat sheets; duvet cover. They even have a (grossly overpriced) 'catalog' in the room whereby you can purchase Marriott linens so at least you have the sense that they aren't run of the mill. I wouldn't say they come close to Westin's Heavenly Bed, but I would say for this price range, they are above average.

I didn't partake in any of the facilities or eating / drinking areas except breakfast one time. I find hotel breakfasts particularly overpriced and the Marriott is no exception. While the quality was there (and they do have an omelette station), even on business it turns me off to be charged something like 15 GPB when I can go to a local pub and get a hearty breakfast for about half that price.

They had bacon (not the strip kind, but English bacon), scrambled eggs, potatoes, beans, about 3 or 4 cereals, yogurt and various toppings that you could put on either the cereal or mix in your yogurt and an assortment of pastries and bread with toasters. There were also some dishes of fruit plus, as I mentioned, the omelet station.

The location for Lime Street and shopping and eating is very good if you're on foot - I can't speak to how easy it is to get in and out of if you have a car (nor what the parking rates are).

So far this trip - Holiday Inn 0, Marriott 1.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Knutsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott in Liverpool on our short trip, the hotel is modern, the rooms were clean, toilets were clean everything about this hotel was really nice, but if I had to be really really picky, the staff on checking in were not that bothered, the staff in the bar were not that interested overall the staff didn't do this place justice, would we visit again, well after our previous experience in Liverpool's moat house many many years ago - the Marriott is a 5 star so will probably book again.

Room Tip: They have a pool
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
widnes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Me and my partner stayed for 1 night in January to celebrate our anniversary.
The hotel is in a fantstic location at Queen's Square. It's only a short walk into the town centre and the nearby bars and restaurants.
We were checked ivery quickly by the polite receptionist. Our room was only a standard double, but it was quite large and spotlessly clean.
We had a drink in the hotel bar. £21 for a double Jack & Coke and a glass of Champagne.
We had breakfast and parking included in the rate. The breakfast was delicious. We both had a full english but there was cereal and a continental breakfast available as well. Lots of fruit and pastries to choose from.
Check out was smooth and quick and the parking pass was really easy to use. If I need to stay over in Liverpool again I would definately pick the Marriott.

Room Tip: I would advise a high room, so you can't hear reception and the restaurant on the first floor of...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple