I would like to say what a wonderful hotel and team of people we encountered whilst staying at this hotel weekend of the Aintree Grand National 5th April 2014.
It was a suprise 70th Birthday treat for my Dad and the hotel did everything they could to make our stay both enjoyable, comfortable, memorable and hassle free. They even supplied a complimentary bottle of bubbles and card for my dad in his room which was a really lovely and unexpected touch so thank you for that too.
The hotel is lovely and clean, the champagne breakfast and the ordinary breakfast had everything on offer you could hope for. We also enjoyed what was an absolutley beautifully freshly cooked meal on the Saturday night, everyone one of us thoroughly enjoyed it. Very high quality and well cooked/presented food and lots of it too. Thank you to the kitchen and waiting staff.
All of the reception staff were also extremely friendly, helpful and welcoming. We checked in with no hassle what so ever, they knew all the details and had us allocated to our rooms in no time. Considering it was the weekend of the Grand National and the hotel was very near fully booked if not completely, yet you would never have known this. The team of people working here run the operation so smoothly and no body goes without or is not looked after in a very pesronal and friendly manner. They really couldn't have done anymore for us or for anybody else by the looks of things. everyone I spoke to seemd to have only praise for the hotel and the people working there.
I would just like to also say that the whole experience overall, stayig in Liverpool and going to the Grand National was a truely lovely weekend and all of the local people in Liverpool that we encounted were so friendly and welcomiing. What a lovely city and lovely people. We all said we will definitely visit again.
thank you to the Thistle Atlantic Tower and its fantastic staff, people working at the National and last but not least all the lovely people from Liverpool.
Big high Five Thistle xx!!
didn't have time to use the fitness facilities so unable to comment. hence no ranking on these below.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the banks of the River Mersey, The Mercure Atlantic Tower Hotel, is the ideal place to discover the great city of Liverpool. Overlooking the Royal Liver Building and the Dock Front - a UNESCO World Heritage Site - The Atlantic Tower Hotel is a welcoming, contemporary hotel in the heart of Liverpool, within walking distance to the Beatles Story museum, Tate Liverpool and many other attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mercure Liverpool Atlantic Tower Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Tower, Liverpool Hotel Liverpool
- Atlantic Hotel By Thistle Liverpool
- Thistle Hotel Liverpool
- Thistle Liverpool